Another Free Shipping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Free Shipping Question

I offer free shipping on orders over $99.00. There are some items that are heavy that I do not want to offer free shipping on. I cannot see any way to exclude a handful of items from the promotion. I know I can do a markup on each item but I really do not want to screw the people that are closer and the shipping would be much less. The only other option I can see is to create a manufaturer and put those items under that name and add them to the excluded list - that creates a new problem where a customer would not see it looking under the actual manufacturer.

Any ideas out there for a solution? The promotion manager in 3dcart is so limited.

Shipping: Shipping Settings: General Settings: Check: Enable Shipping Restriction Per Product

Then go to the product page: Click on "Shipping Restrictions". Select the methods you want to allow for the product.

Comment

I dont have that setting available - It appears that is a paid app - However I did not even know there was a setting there to add free shipping over a certain amount minus discounts. I was running into some trouble where people were getting free shipping after discounts and the total was under the $99.00. That setting corrected that.

Comment

Sorry about that. I guess we must have paid for that. Nothing is free with 3dcart, is it? You might make that 200.00 back pretty quick though... http://apps.3dcart.com/restrictive-shipping.html

Comment

You got that right and you have to wait a day to get any tech support from them. I do appreciate you throwing that out there though.

If we had more then 2-3 items we charge for that might be a something to consider but I can just charge a per item upcharge - some I will win some I will lose. Just didnt want customers to suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by cdarmssupply View Post
            I dont have that setting available - It appears that is a paid app - However I did not even know there was a setting there to add free shipping over a certain amount minus discounts. I was running into some trouble where people were getting free shipping after discounts and the total was under the $99.00. That setting corrected that.
            Where is this setting you mention?

Comment

I have been fooling around with my shipping options and this is the setup I use (that seems to work with all my testing) and will best for my setup.

I have a free shipping method setup and just have the minimum order of 99.00 (no longer using a free shipping promotion)
              I then went to Setting - > Shipping -> Shipping Settings ->General -> and checked off Shipping By Value

This allowed me to stop using a free shipping promo code so I can keep all my discount codes unstackable. This also makes sure that the customers order will be over 99.00 for the free shipping after any discounts and tax.

I only have a couple items that will be excluded from free shipping so I will just need to add a fee to those couple items, Some I will win and some I will lose but there are limits with this setup.
              Last edited by cdarmssupply; 01-17-2018, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X