Product pages not updating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product pages not updating

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Its the same as what was happening back in early 2017 - https://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shop...ng-store-cache

It was fixed in 7.4.2 - [ISSUE-5210] - Product Listing: Removed store caching that was previously added to product listing pages

But lately its been happening again. I was informed that product pages are cached for 2 hours now. It seems that SOME product updates you make through the admin webpage will clear the cache immediately, but from what we can tell many of them don't and no product changes made through the API do. Also updates from imported files don't clear the product cache either (at least scheduled imports and updates). Updates to Advanced options don't clear the product cache either. No one has been able to tell us what kind of updates or changes will reset the cache on the product page so I can't say for sure what does and does not trigger an update.

lukiegames Did you clear your browser cache and refresh as well? Their are situations that even though your store cache is off that yes it will still cache. It has become such common practice that I do store cache, browser cache (if it weren't off already), refresh and haven't had any issues with that process in any way. It is tedious.

BTW, let me know when you want to get back to the project. Thanks!
    TheCartDesigner.com
    Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
    100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Since it is a system issue, have you messaged GonzaloGil or jimmy in regards?
      TheCartDesigner.com
      Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
      100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I've been copying Rodrigo and Jimmy, but yeah I'll be emailing gil in a bit. BTW it is on many 3dcart stores. If you look at the source of the product page and its cached it will say <!--cached--> under the closing html tag. I would really like to know when this was re-enabled and why there was no mention of it. It seems like a pretty big deal, although I guess if you do most of your updates through the web admin interface or don't have frequent product updates it might not affect you as much. We almost never use the web admin so for us its pretty much everything. I'd also like to know what does actually cause the product page to update.

It is possible that there is something about our setup or configuration that is making this worse for us than anyone else, we do have a bunch of custom scripts,imports,etc in place. So I'd like to know if anyone else is seeing issues with this.

Finally turning off advanced page caching does not stop caching the product pages.

Comment

I have recently move my site from Shopify to 3D cart. Really starting to regret it.
          I am also having cache issues. I am having to reload quite a few product photos and am finding I need to clear cache's and purge the browser cache constantly to verify changes. Turning off advance browser caching has no affect.

In addition I get customers that tell me they cannot access my site. The DNS changes are forcing my customers to clear there browser cache and cookies as well. Most folks don't think of doing this on there own. My IT friends all suggested using htaccess commands would likely help but of course this is not possible on 3D cart.

I moved to 3D cart in the hope of having better control over the customer experience but I have been mistaken.

Customer support has not been at all helpful or been able to help with fixing the issue. If anyone has a suggestion on either issue please jump in.

Cheers
          Alan

Comment

flyalan I apologize for the issues you are having with the store. What you are explaining usually happens when you have the store cache enabled. I logged into your admin to confirm and this was enabled. To have the changes published to your live site soon as you submit it you will need to uncheck this option. Once logged into your admin click on Setting>General>Store settings. From there click the general tab at the top them uncheck the "Enable Adv Page Cache" box.

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I actually just recently checked the Adv Page Cache box just to see if maybe I misunderstood. I had previously been running without it checked and still had issues. I have come to the conclusion that this is just an issue that happens with 3D cart and I need to expect it to happen. I am sure to check the site the next day to be sure all I did actually took.

Comment

flyalan This shouldn't be happening in the store and is not common in the 3dcart system without some reason. Is it possible for you to open a ticket with our support with the details? We will need to run some test and check to see what could be causing your changes not to publish. Once you have the ticket ID let me know and I can follow up on it.

Comment

William, I would like to know if this was ever resolved. On 1/17 we were told per Danilo that 3dcart caches product pages for up to 2 hours, and that it is completely separate from the advanced page caching for the category/home pages. No one was able to tell us under what circumstances the product page cache would be automatically cleared, so its my understanding that its always 2 hours unless it goes into or out of stock or something.

We had Rodrigo disable the product page caching completely on our store so it fixed our problem for now.

Comment

Originally posted by lukiegames View Post
                    William, I would like to know if this was ever resolved. On 1/17 we were told per Danilo that 3dcart caches product pages for up to 2 hours, and that it is completely separate from the advanced page caching for the category/home pages. No one was able to tell us under what circumstances the product page cache would be automatically cleared, so its my understanding that its always 2 hours unless it goes into or out of stock or something.

We had Rodrigo disable the product page caching completely on our store so it fixed our problem for now.
                    The page caching is updated every 2 hours, and, when product changes are detected (Ie. hitting save on admin, using the rest api, inventory change) I believe the issue with your store was that you were using the api in a way that it didn't see the changes, perhaps using runquery with your own sql queries, vs, using the respective api methods.
                    ----------------------------
                    Gonzalo Gil
                    3dCart Support
                    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks Gil. We did still have the problem when saving in the admin, was that fixed in a more recent version? We are on an older one. I really wish you guys would have release notes again.

We also had the problem with the basic SOAP API when updating product quantities. While I have you, the reason we still use the SOAP for quantities is that the last I tried when using the REST api updating advanced options stock did not update the main product. For example I have a Mario game and advanced options for Complete and Game Only. We have 1 Complete on hand and 2 Game only on hand, and the product correctly shows 3 total. If I use the SOAP API updateProductInventory to change the Game Only quantity to 4 it correctly changes the main product to have a total for 5 on hand.

With the Rest api if I change the Game Only quantity to 4 it is reflected in the advanced options, but not the main product. So it still says we have 3 Marios.

Comment

Originally posted by lukiegames View Post
                        Thanks Gil. We did still have the problem when saving in the admin, was that fixed in a more recent version? We are on an older one. I really wish you guys would have release notes again.

We also had the problem with the basic SOAP API when updating product quantities. While I have you, the reason we still use the SOAP for quantities is that the last I tried when using the REST api updating advanced options stock did not update the main product. For example I have a Mario game and advanced options for Complete and Game Only. We have 1 Complete on hand and 2 Game only on hand, and the product correctly shows 3 total. If I use the SOAP API updateProductInventory to change the Game Only quantity to 4 it correctly changes the main product to have a total for 5 on hand.

With the Rest api if I change the Game Only quantity to 4 it is reflected in the advanced options, but not the main product. So it still says we have 3 Marios.
                        Not aware of any issues within the admin, and this was enabled now about 6 months ago, so i think we would have heard about it by now, but, we could enable page caching again on your DEV store if you like, and we can test there, to see if we can find the issue.

The SOAP/REST api issue you mention here, if it's doing that, then indeed that's incorrect, every time an option stock is updated, the main stock is auto-updated, so clearly something isn't right here. Will run a test on one of our test stores to see if we can re-create that, and let you know the outcome.
                        Gonzalo Gil
                        3dCart Support
                        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Update - Tested the API and indeed the rest api works as expected. I do see that sometime around April,May last year, changes where made to the way that inventory is updated, so perhaps the bug was fixed back then.
                          Gonzalo Gil
                          3dCart Support
                          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks Gil, it's been a while since we tested that so I'm sure it was that fix. I'll let you know if we have any problems with it.

I'm not sure when it was changed but it looks like our dev server does have the product page caching enabled already.

Comment

Working...
                            X