New Release option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Release option

I would like to create a page, that specifically shows the new items we add to our store. I see the new releases template in the common folder, I used the code in that and created a content page and inserted this code. It doesn't show the items. Does someone know how to do this?

Thank you,

Petra
    www.trailerandtruckparts.com
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
    * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
    www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
    www.Trailer-Wheels.com
    www.iTrailerParts.com

We just made a "What's New" category, and assign any new products to that page as well as to their respective category pages.

www.veilshop.com

Comment

I do the same thing. I add new inventory ALL of the time - so I use the creation date to do this. If the creation date on my import file is within the last 10 days then the item gets added to a category called RECENTLY ADDED ITEMS.

Also - you can create a category that simply has a default sort of NEWEST. (in the order by drop down).

If you don't add new inventory very often - just do it by hand - otherwise it's easy to incorporate this into your import.

Good Luck
      Carla
      Cobweb Corner
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Thank yoiu!!

Thanks that's what I'll do then. Thanks for the help!! It's greatly appreciated.

Petra
        www.trailerandtruckparts.com
        (¯`v´¯)
        `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
        (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
        * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
        www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
        www.Trailer-Wheels.com
        www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

This question is directed at Carla or anyone else who may know...

I added a new category 'New Arrivals'. I can manually set up products to show up on the 'New Arrivals' page & have it sorted from newest to oldest, like suggested in this post, but I was wondering if there was some way to automate this process so that I don't manually have to pick and choose new products and assign them to the 'New Arrivals' category. I see in thsi post that Carla is sort of doing what I would like to do by setting up something in the import, when she imports new products, but I am not really clear on how to do what she is doing. Can someone please clarify for me?

Thanks, Rachel

Comment

Rachel
            I import hundreds of new cross stitch books each month and my inventory changes daily - so I have to use an import routine. I create a CSV file based on the guidlines from 3Dcart.

One of the fields in the csv file is creation date. I modify this to the current import date whenever I add or update a product. Then in my routine that I create via MS Access (but could also be done in Excel directly on the CSV file) I automatically create all of the categories the product should belong to. If the field for creation date is newer than 15 days I add my Recently Added Items category to the categories field.

Categories are separated by a '@'

Here is a snippet of the code I use in MS Access to create my categories.

Categories: IIf([Favorites],"@Cross Stitch/Cobweb Favorites") & IIf([Minis],"@Cross Stitch/Minis Bookmarks etc") & IIf([Children],"@Cross Stitch/Children and Babies") & IIf([Rare],"@Cross Stitch/Rare and Collectibles") & IIf([Sports],"@Cross Stitch/Sports") & IIf([Hunting],"@Cross Stitch/Hunting and Wildlife") & IIf([qry_MyToys].[description] Like "*angel*","@Cross Stitch/Angels") & IIf(DateDiff("d",[dateentered],Date())<15,"@Cross Stitch/Recently Added Items") & IIf([Accessories],"@Cross Stitch/Accessories")
            Basically in my own MS Access database I have marked what categories each cross stitch book belongs to (ie. flowers, fantasy, wildlife etc.) Then when I create my CSV file I look at those database fields and if they are checked then I add the appropriate category to the category field in the CSV file.

The same thing could be accomplished directly in Excel. The end result of the code below would be something like this:

Cross [email protected] Stitch/[email protected] Stitch/[email protected] Stitch/Recently Added Items
            This particular product would be defined to be in three categories - Country, Holidays and Recently Added Items - all under the main category Cross Stitch

I know this is probably confusing - but hopefully it will get you started.

Carla
            Cobweb Corner
            C Ekman

Comment

Thank you...

Thank you so much, I actually totally understand what you are saying. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Carla,

You seem to know allot about 3dCart & how it works. By any chance, could you help me with this???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to have a 'Sale' link on the my home page and when the user clicks on it, a page comes up with all the products that are on sale on it. Is this possible to do? I found a few sites that use 3dCart and they are doing it but I am not sure how. Here is an example....

http://www.forgetmenotkids.com/ (home page, top right... 'Shop Sale').

The only way I can think of doing this is to make a category called 'sale' and then manually link all sale items to that category. I don't want to have to do that, it would be a huge pain. Can it be automated in some way? I can't imagine this feature is not built into the cart. Almost every site out there these days has a 'sale' item area.

Thanks! Rachel

Comment

Rachel - see my post under your oringal question.

Actually I'm very new to 3dCart and don't know how to do the HTML stuff much at all. But I was a database programmer for 19 years in my previous life and so the database stuff comes pretty naturally.

Glad to help when I can - but I'm not much good with html so you'll see me asking lots of questions. Right now my changes are limited as I'm waiting for the new release and don't want to have to redo work.

Carla
                  http://cobwebcorner.com
                  C Ekman

Comment

Working...
                  X