Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robots.txt Problems: Google Adwords Disapproved cuz We Prevent Crawl of CHECKOUT.ASP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robots.txt Problems: Google Adwords Disapproved cuz We Prevent Crawl of CHECKOUT.ASP

Hey,
    Is anyone else dealing with this?

We just had a bunch of text ads disapproved. After having them reviewed by Google multiple times (and having them be disapproved repeatedly), they are now telling me it's because they can't crawl my entire site. Below is the text of the message they sent me during my call to Adwords support:

Hi Buck, Hope you are doing great!
    As per our telephonic conversation here is the list of URL in the website https://shop.justpoppin.com which are not crawlable:
    Disallow: /checkout.asp
    Disallow: /add_cart.asp
    Disallow: /view_cart.asp
    Disallow: /error.asp
    Disallow: /shipquote.asp
    Disallow: /rssfeed.asp
    Disallow: /mobile/
    Disallow: /search_quick.asp

Please have a work with your web developer and make sure that the links are crawlable. Hope this works.

This seems like BS to me, but they aren't budging. So how do I modify Robots.txt to allow the google adwords crawler access to EVERY page on the site but restrict all the other bots? It's such a complete waste of bandwidth but they are telling me that if it's not fixed, they will not run our ads. (By the way, these are ads that have been running no problem for YEARS.)

Working...
X