Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modules Turned off ...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Modules Turned off ...

    Everyone might want to check their modules - I just found that the 8.1 update on my site turned off Recurring Orders - not sure what else.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

  • #2
    Ebay and Store Credit were also turned off ...
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

    Comment


    • #3
      Tax Cloud module is gone ..

      Comment


      • #4
        gotta love updates - happens every time that I can remember. We have not been updated yet and trying to get an email glitch resolved as our order emails (or for that matter any emails coming from our store have completely stopped) It's been 24 hours ago and have heard nothing so calling in again.

        Comment


        • #5
          Birdsafe Sorry you are seeing changes in your store module settings area. When you notice the modules turned off did you contact support? I haven't seen any other reports of this so I want to be sure this is getting looked into in your store.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kalaja View Post
            Tax Cloud module is gone ..
            Did you have this module setup in your store?

            Comment


            • #7
              ebeegirl I looked into this and I see there was a ticket escalated to our Admins and they were able to get this resolved. I just want to make sure everything is still working and you're getting the order emails.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 3dcart-William View Post

                Did you have this module setup in your store?
                Yes I did .... long time ago , it was working just fine ..

                Comment


                • #9
                  3dcart-William -- thanks -- no, I didn't report it as they were easy fixes and it didn't seem like it would do much good to bother support with something I could fix myself. It just seems to happen each time there is an update that modules get turned off for some reason.
                  Joe Arbogast
                  http://www.birdsafestore.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    kalaja That's the first time I've ever heard this happen. Did you get a chance to submit a ticket? If so may I have the id so I can check the progress? Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
                      3dcart-William -- thanks -- no, I didn't report it as they were easy fixes and it didn't seem like it would do much good to bother support with something I could fix myself. It just seems to happen each time there is an update that modules get turned off for some reason.
                      We definitely need to find out what's behind this happening. It will get frustrating needing to go back and re enable those apps in the module section. I will check with our developers to see if they've ever heard of this happening before and if there's a way to prevent it. If there's anyone else that has witness this please let us know, the more reporting the better chance we have to get it fixed.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 3dcart-William View Post
                        kalaja That's the first time I've ever heard this happen. Did you get a chance to submit a ticket? If so may I have the id so I can check the progress? Thanks!
                        No , didn't submit ticket , getting frustrated a little bit. First incredible bug in reward points cost me lot of money & customers loyalty and now this . At the taxcloud website I can see API is still active however each transaction is being sent multiple times ( up to 10 times ) ..this is taxcloud message : Advisory: This API Lookup transaction was sent to TaxCloud 10 redundant times.
                        You should investigate your e-commerce system's implementation of our TaxCloud Lookup API to determine why multiple identical API requests are being sent.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 3dcart-William View Post

                          We definitely need to find out what's behind this happening. It will get frustrating needing to go back and re enable those apps in the module section. I will check with our developers to see if they've ever heard of this happening before and if there's a way to prevent it. If there's anyone else that has witness this please let us know, the more reporting the better chance we have to get it fixed.
                          3dcart-William -- if you search the forums you will see that this happened with the V7 update and the V6 update as well. It's definitely something that happens with a certain level of code update that is possibly resetting certain modules to the default "off" position.
                          Joe Arbogast
                          http://www.birdsafestore.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kalaja View Post

                            No , didn't submit ticket , getting frustrated a little bit. First incredible bug in reward points cost me lot of money & customers loyalty and now this . At the taxcloud website I can see API is still active however each transaction is being sent multiple times ( up to 10 times ) ..this is taxcloud message : Advisory: This API Lookup transaction was sent to TaxCloud 10 redundant times.
                            You should investigate your e-commerce system's implementation of our TaxCloud Lookup API to determine why multiple identical API requests are being sent.
                            This is good information to have in a support ticket so we can investigate. There could be something going on with the connection between the two data bases, but we will need a ticket submitted with the details to investigate. Is it possible for you to submit one with the information provided to you from tax cloud?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post

                              3dcart-William -- if you search the forums you will see that this happened with the V7 update and the V6 update as well. It's definitely something that happens with a certain level of code update that is possibly resetting certain modules to the default "off" position.
                              Posting it on the forums is good for getting more people with similar issues to submit data but its always better to submit a ticket to support with the details first. This way we will have a record of it being reported and confirmed after proper investigation. Providing a ticket helps escalate the issue also when its affecting multiple merchants.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X