• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISGMe
    replied
    Originally posted by thecartdesigner View Post
    simplyspeakers ISGMe

99% of the time this is a caching issue on the customers end if they added to the cart, left the site and came back. If your store cache has been cleared in the mean time, their cart although visible is not valid any longer and they will typically get the address error. If you have the issue directed to you by the customer, although it may be a pita on their end, you may need to clear their uncompleted order and they may need to start their order from scratch
    Thanks. It is very likely that I cleared the cache. I'll give that answer a try next time.

Leave a comment:

• thecartdesigner
    replied
    simplyspeakers ISGMe

99% of the time this is a caching issue on the customers end if they added to the cart, left the site and came back. If your store cache has been cleared in the mean time, their cart although visible is not valid any longer and they will typically get the address error. If you have the issue directed to you by the customer, although it may be a pita on their end, you may need to clear their uncompleted order and they may need to start their order from scratch

Leave a comment:

• ISGMe
    replied
    Yes! We had the same issue today and Friday. Confirmed that there was no previous account created. Strange. Opening support ticket now.

Leave a comment:

• DeanP
    replied
    Yes, I think it is related to the following scenario:

- Buyer has an account and is logged out. On the checkout page, instead of logging in they put their email and password in the New Account fields. The account can't be created because it already exists.

I don't know about your layout, but it's possible that on your checkout page you may have Account creation on the left and Sign In on the right. I think the more intuitive layout would be the reverse - Sign in on the left, and Account creation on the right. Whatever the case, I'd make the Sign In area or button be the first thing the buyer sees.

Again, I don't know if this is the cause, but it seems likely.

Leave a comment:

• simplyspeakers
    started a topic email address invalid during checkout?

email address invalid during checkout?

Has anyone else had customers complain they can't complete their online checkout because they get an error saying the email address entered is invalid. The only thing we seem to have it narrowed too is the customer is always on an Android device. We have not been able to duplicate the issue here. About once per week though we'll get a call from someone who can't complete the checkout. Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience.
Working...
X