Saved Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saved Credit Cards

If a customer saves (or asks us to save on Phone Orders), why doesn't it show up as a payment option on the Phone Order page? I know you can process the order as a "Pay by Check" and then go into the Virtual Terminal and the credit card shows up there, but you have no option to Authorize, only as a Sale.

Is there a setting somewhere to display saved credit card info on the Phone Order page?
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Seems like an oversight, so what you are saying is you have a customer, that has a saved credit card on his profile and you go create a phone order for him/her, and on the payment options, you don't see the ability to select the card on file? If this is the case, let me know, and i can have the team fix it, as it should show up there,

G
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gil,

That is correct. I just verified by pulling up a new phone order page for a customer that I just took an order from and clicked to save credit information. But, as I say, it does show up on Virtual Terminal.

And this is the same for both the new and legacy phone order processes.

Joe Arbogast
      http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Joe,
        Thanks for checking, i will go ahead and add this to our backlog to get fixed asap.
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil - do you have a list of gateway providers that support saving credit card information on 3dcart stores? I just switched to one and was disappointed to learn that they don't support saving.
          - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

• AuthorizeNet
            • 1st PayGateway.net
            • ProPay
            • Go eMerchant
            • Paymentech Orbital Gateway
            • USA ePay
            • Vantiv
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
              • AuthorizeNet
              • 1st PayGateway.net
              • ProPay
              • Go eMerchant
              • Paymentech Orbital Gateway
              • USA ePay
              • Vantiv
              I thought Payflow Pro was one that supported saved credit card tokens.

Comment

Stripe also supports saved credit cards.

Comment

I keep seeing things online about Paypal Pro possibly supporting tokenization / saved credit card info in a cart (or their version of tokenization). GonzaloGil or jimmy3dcart can anyone speak to that? I have been talking with other merchant processors, and paypal has a very sweet deal for me so I am sure this could benefit a lot of people to know. Thank you, Andrew

Comment

@massagestore we do support something called "reference transactions" which is pretty much the same. Paypal seems to be pushing everyone towards Braintree, we support tokenization on that gateway as well.
                    Gonzalo Gil
                    3dCart Support
                    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks Gonzalo, this is very helpful. I like what I see with Braintree. Their connection with paypal says that they will stay on the cutting edge of technology / security, and they also have very straightforward pricing models - I wish their rate was a little lower, but it isn't terribly far out of the realm of the others.

I have found that a lot of the other credit card / payment processors are kind of like used car salesmen. Hidden fees, you have to dig to find answers / understand the entirety of the deal, and often times, you don't find out that they have sold you a lemon until you are off the lot, or in this case, once a statement has arrived, and all of that time / effort has been put into setting up the account.

Something to be aware of is that rewards cards carry a higher charge than regular cards, and almost everyone uses rewards cards, so ask what the processors charge for that type of product... usually another 1% higher. This looks to be avoided with Braintree.

Comment

This works great on the new phone order page.
                        Last edited by ohc; 11-29-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X