No announcement yet.

Shipping Options on Check Out - Users getting confused for Showing More Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shipping Options on Check Out - Users getting confused for Showing More Rates

Is there something I can tweak in the template/theme to get rid of the poorly implemented "Show Rates" for each option I provide? 3dCart isn't choosing the cheapest option but rather the most expensive option and the layout for checkout is not user intuitive at all. I spend more time refunding shipping costs because FedEx is so expensive for small items over USPS and my customers complain/send emails about it. It would be far better to just show all the options without having to click that stupid "show rates" link.

Any thoughts?

Jasen
    Attached Files

Agreed, it's bad design. Just change the display for that div to block.
    Code:
    <div name="divShipping[OPTION-SHIPPER]" id="divShipping[OPTION-SHIPPER]" class="ship" style="display:block;">

Comment

Ah, life saver.

For everyone's reference, its in the common/html/checkout-singlepage.html and checkout-singlepage-v2.html

Jasen

Comment

Thanks for this! I didn;t even think about changing this until I saw this post. Much better!

Comment

I also removed the "Display Rates" text since they are all already displayed now. Much cleaner! I love the "little things" that make an ecomsite funcion smoother. Thanks again for the tip.

Comment

Working...
          X