Mobile redirect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile redirect

We have an entry in our 301 redirect that directs the old deprecated mobile site to homepage -- We don't know how it got there.

It looks like this:
    URL https://www.example.com/mobile/
    Mapped URL /

Does anyone else have a similar entry in their 301 redirects?
    Luxlife

Luxlife I just checked mine and I do not have an entry like yours in my list.

Comment

I would think it's unlikely that anyone out there has your /mobile address bookmarked. It's safe to delete the entry if you like.
      - Dean P. e-commerce and small business consulting

Comment

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
        I would think it's unlikely that anyone out there has your /mobile address bookmarked. It's safe to delete the entry if you like.
        You may have misunderstood; The question is if any merchant has a 301 direct from the home page of their old mobile website url.
        Luxlife

Comment

You're right I misread that. Apologies. No, I don't have an entry like that.
          Oddly, I found that navigating to example.com/mobile still went to the mobile version of my site; Interesting because I thought the mobile thing was disabled entirely. I added a 301 redirect from mobile to / identical to yours, but it doesn't do anything. I'm going to submit a ticket to see if there's a way to do away with the mobile experience entirely.

Comment

Keep the forum posted on the results of the ticket. The answer may be beneficial to other merchants.
            Luxlife

Comment

I was told the ticket would be forwarded to admins. Not long after that the /mobile folder was removed. If you decide to submit a ticket to remove the mobile site, be sure to setup a 301 redirect to mobile (not /mobile) like so, otherwise it'll 404:

URL: mobile
              Mapped URL: /

Thanks to Victor in support for the help :)

Comment

Originally posted by DeanP View Post
                I was told the ticket would be forwarded to admins. Not long after that the /mobile folder was removed. If you decide to submit a ticket to remove the mobile site, be sure to setup a 301 redirect to mobile (not /mobile) like so, otherwise it'll 404:

URL: mobile
                Mapped URL: /

Thanks to Victor in support for the help :)
                Thanks for this followup.
                Luxlife

Comment

Thanks for posting this! We've seen this intermittently in the past and just a few days ago in Google's search console it mentioned crawling the old mobile site. I'll be submitting a request right away.

Comment

Working...
                  X