Bandwidth limiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandwidth limiting

Anyone found a need to limit bandwidth, or at least to figure out where it's all going?

according to smarter stats most of our bandwidth is eaten up by us on admin side ... 100 000 visitors per SS and 12000 per google analytics .. needless to say it's useless..

Comment

What is SS

Comment

Smart Stats..if you have it on your plan...

Comment

No I don't.

Comment

we also use smarterstats and have blocked many ip address ranges - you come across some ip from Korea, Russia, China etc. that is just drawing bandwidth like crazy - who knows perhaps they are mining bitcoin - we have blocked quite a few. This helps stop the issue quite a bit for us. We also limit a bunch of useless robots and robots from overseas as we only do US orders.

Comment

Well my bandwidth doubled this month for no real reason. Maybe the people are going from one cart customer to the next.

Comment

Smarter Stats will not help if the traffic is hitting category pages; Category pages stopped showing in Smarter Stats in June 2014 unless they are custom URLs.
                Luxlife

Comment

Where does one find access to smarter stats? I"m also not sure if we have it, though we may. I'm having some similar issues with bandwidth usage.

Comment

Originally posted by mbeinke View Post
                    Where does one find access to smarter stats? I"m also not sure if we have it, though we may. I'm having some similar issues with bandwidth usage.
                    At the top right of your Admin screen where you Admin username is, if you click on it, you will a dropdown and SmartStats will be there.
                    Joe Arbogast
                    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Comment

Could it be that H5 is more mobile friendly, and attracts more mobile browsing? Our bandwidth doubled with H5 template. I'm going to try going back to previous version.

Comment

Working...
                      X