Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having issues with sales conversion tracking? Parallel Tracking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else having issues with sales conversion tracking? Parallel Tracking?

I am on 8.2.9 and my sales conversions stopped showing up in Google Ads two or three days ago. I know some of my sales have come over from Google shopping based upon the referral URL but no conversions are registering now for some reason (was working fine before). Visitors are still being tracked and showing up in analytics. Just no conversion info. I tried deleting my manual code from the footer on Checkout 4 and made sure all the settings were active in 3dcart hoping it would auto-add the conversion code at checkout for me like it is supposed to and that did not work. So I tried adding it back in manually to page 4 and deleting the cache. Now I am waiting to see if I register a sale. I'm trying to decide if I need to submit a ticket and have something reset? Arrgggh my numbers are all screwed up LOL.

Also, is the 3dcart auto-generated code compatible with the parallel tracking requirement that goes into effect at the end of next month? I haven't seen anyone talking about it so I figured I should ask. Right now I have that setting turned off but Google will require it on Oct 30. I have no idea if I can safely turn it on?

Thanks!

Dana

Always wrong. I use Google Analytics.

Comment

Davef I removed the 3dcart default script and added in the Google Analytics script they generated for me and that is working for logging traffic. I am trying to figure out how to get the sales conversions to track with the order subtotal and the order number now. Did you set up sales conversions as a goal within Google Analytics? If so, can you explain how you did it and tell me if the Google Ads account is linked with Analytics, will it transfer over to the Google Ads reporting? Right now I had to turn off Google ads ECPC because nothing is being recorded correctly and they were bidding way too high for my budget.

For anyone using Google Ads: I have their conversion script they generated for me that I can add to page 4 of the checkout in the footer to track conversions but I can't figure out how to edit it to include the actual order subtotal and the invoice number (to avoid duplicates). Here's what was generated:

<!-- Event snippet for AA Sales conversion page -->
      <script>
      gtag('event', 'conversion', {
      'send_to': 'AW-(myIDnumber)/ECkeCIvIoXUQg6eyjwM',
      'value': 1.0,
      'currency': 'USD',
      'transaction_id': ''
      });
      </script>

Can I use something like this?

<!-- Event snippet for AA Sales conversion page -->
      <script>
      gtag('event', 'conversion', {
      'send_to': 'AW-(myIDnumber)/ECkeCIvIoXUQg6eyjwM',
      'value': '[ordersubtotal]',
      'currency': 'USD',
      'transaction_id': '[invoice-number]'
      });
      </script>

Sorry to ask so many questions but the Auto-generated 3dcart code won't work and Google says to see your developers instructions which I cannot find in detail for 3dcart anywhere or samples of the new code with the recommended gtag setup here in the forums. =(

Thank you very much!

Dana

Comment

Hooray! So the new code I put in must be OK and I finally logged a sales conversion /phew. Now I just need to find out more about this required parallel tracking stuff. =)

Comment

I'm having a very difficult time with the new tracking tags. I finally reached out to Google for help (which I'm sure I'll regret). They had me remove all my existing google tags (both adwords and analytics) then insert the global analytics tag into the <head> section on every page. Then they had me create a conversion goal in analytics which is triggered by a customer reaching checkout4. Then they had me enable a sharing feature in adwords which allows it to share the goal tracking data info with analytics.

It works - sort of, but he numbers don't seem to coincide very well. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but it seems like Adwords isn't recording every goal. I also have no order value data now because the goal has no way of tracking it.

Also, I used to be able to see all my conversions (with dollar values) in analytics, with dollar amounts when I was using the old tracking code just by going to ACQUISITION -> OVERVIEW. I could also see where these conversions came from. It no longer tracks this information for some reason.

I wonder if I should try the step 4 code Daneb listed above in conjunction with the global tag? It seems like if I do this, Adwords will count too many transactions though.

Comment

@onering

I think some things might be getting messed up because Google wants everyone to change over to the new Gtag formatted code. I am trying to remember all the steps I took to set it all up but I linked analytics and google ads and was able to have Google generate my new global site tag in analytics. I then pasted that code into the 3Dcart admin SEO Tools>Google Analytics page in the Google Analytics JS code box. I added my tracking ID for Google Analytics into the box provided and checked the box for Enable Universal Analytics. I set up my conversion tracking in Google Ads Tools>conversion to
            Use different values. If there's no value, use $1
            . I then had google generate the event snippet tag (the one above). I added the [ordersubtotal] and [invoice-number] to their code so I could get an accurate value assigned to each conversion and not get duplicates. I put that snippet in the checkout step 4 footer.

I had to guess at how to do it and so far it seems to be working correctly. I only advertise in Google shopping so those are the only conversions I am tracking right now. It has correctly been reporting the order subtotal as the value and no duplicates have occurred. Its only been a couple of days and my sales are poop right now but so far so good! I'm not sure if it will work if I activate parallel tracking though. Still trying to figure that part out but we will all be swapped over to parallel tracking shortly anyway if we are ready or not LOL.

Dana

Comment

Thanks Dana. I think I have this set up correctly now. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
              X