after last update - no way for me to hide certain options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after last update - no way for me to hide certain options

OK ready to throw the computer through a window - used to take 1 second to remove or hide an option on a product. Trying to hide an option that is currently out of stock - the "show/hide" button is not working at all!!! Anyone know the trick now??? Very frustrated - used 3dcart for many years and this is mind boggling.

I'll attach what I am trying to do - hide the spearmint colored caps - I can try to hide it and nothing at all happens!!
    Attached Files

here's another set of options - same thing - can you tell which ones are hidden and which ones are not - still no way to hide/show any of these lip balm flavors.

Apparently there are colors - looks to be clear and greenish colors - who knows where those are located - nowhere on our option admin area - I can click all day to hide or show an option and nothing happens!!!!
    Attached Files

Comment

They also removed the ability to sort the options by sort number and replaced it with drag and drop which is very inconvenient and straight up doesn't work for large option sets. I also wish they would move the Add Option button back to the top each option so we do not have to scroll to the bottom of the list each time to add a new option. Again, very inconvenient and time consuming if you have alot of options to manage. I am not sure of the person who redesigned this actually uses the platform on a daily basis.

Comment

I would state they do not - I'm quite frustrated at the moment and have been on hold at 3dcart for about 20 mins now as they are trying to figure out why it doesn't work. Has or does anyone test these things out prior?? Seems like they moved many things to the bottom now - under "new orders", etc. the button you click that allows you to show number of order per page - we always set at "150" we now have to scroll to the bottom of the page to select "150 - this used to also be at the top of the page - must feel we like to scroll - all this adds time.

I'm just not happy ATM since whoever redesigned the option area must be a new grad as this entire area does not make sense and simply does not work. Still waiting on hold and looks like they are testing area out now - did anyone test this prior to rollout?

Looks like we have to delete options versus "hiding" them when they are out of stock. So then we would have to retype in the info when they are back in stock and add them as a new option. Bring back the check boxes of hide/show as they actually worked.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by ebeegirl; 09-26-2018, 09:48 PM. Reason: People showing how number of orders to show per page is at the bottom of the page - so now you have to scroll to the bottom to select 150 every day!

Comment

ok - here it is now - top color green is default option as you can clearly see by the green color surrounding it - now take a look and see if you can tell that "black" is now hidden - this color needs to be changed - who on earth would make it this super faint??? Beyond words as to who would think this is acceptable and roll it out?? Can you clearly see the very faint blue box surround the black cap color telling you it is now hidden??

My question is who allows this to be rolled out?? I'm just very tired and irritated by common sense.

Have options working again - just can't see the faint blue color unless I stare - GonzaloGil is this acceptable??
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ebeegirl; 09-26-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

While I didn't experience any confusion over this, I do agree that the color coding in place of editable fields on the screen is a choice of mobile/responsive over function/efficiency. Having editable fields on the screen is more efficient for people who are using mouses and keyboards. They can accomplish more with less clicks that way. 3dcart's trying to create a responsive design that's fully functional on small screens but they're sacrificing convenience and efficiency on large screens to do this. With good CSS, you can have both but I'm sure that it's way more complicated to code. Removing the empty image fields from the product image tab is similar but that occurred a few versions back. I used to be able to type a file path into the empty field and be done with it. Now you have to make multiple clicks and wait while the interface catches up with each step. I'm finding that importing changes via csv is more time efficient even for single items these days. I always keep exports handy because of this.

Comment

My concern is who allows the color that is used - I will state very faint sky blue to be used. Getting up early, working all day to sit back at night and try and update the website and trying to see this type of color is almost impossible - in fact the 3dcart tech person I spoke to last night kept telling me it was grayed out??? Does this look grayed out? Would have been better if he told me it's a very faint blue color - when you are looking at multiple options it shouldn't take 15 mins to figure out which ones are hidden - make the color something someone can see quickly - not have to ponder about. This is simply not practical - still irritated I spent so much time on a simple task which should have taken me seconds versus 1 hour.

Shipstation did the exact same thing a few years back and used these faint colors that you could not even distinquish from one line to the next - they then changed their colors and looked great. Why roll out something like this is my point?? Why get customers upset and think of new customers trying to figure this out? They give up.

Can you tell which ones are hidden below?
              Attached Files

Comment

It really stands out to me and looks more gray than blue. Its definitely grayed out. Golden Yellow is hidden.

Comment

Good stuff here, we are working on making some tweaks today and will be out soon. Thanks for your feedback!
                  ----------------------------
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

it's definitely grey .. your screen is not calibrated..

Comment

ok why would the default product really be a noticeable green which you can clearly and quickly see when the hidden options you have to squint, move back from the computer from and spend time trying to simply see a very very very faint blue.- our computer is calibrated correctly as I have tried this on 3 different computers - all different monitors and the same thing. This should NEVER be such an issue - needs to be a color that someone can quickly see not play games spending time trying to see it.

Comment

kudos to 3dcart - they have brought back the simple click button now to hide an option!

Comment

Anyone else fed up with the mindless changes forced upon us by 3Dcart? The new responsive order processing page makes my crazy. NOTHING is better now unless I was processing an order on my phone instead of a desktop. Things like the FULFILL link are at the very bottom unless the window gets wide and takes up my desktop. Even the order date disappears unless the window is wide.

Comment

DaveK Before you log in, you can click to switch back to the legacy interface. You can also try adding a second monitor so that you can keep your 3dcart admin window large. Side note though, I think that 3dcart's putting a lot of thought into this right now. They've been reading the forum and making improvements regularly since the big change.

Comment

Agreed bzeltzer , jimmy3dcart and GonzaloGil have been incredibly responsive. All of this feedback is helpful. If we keep the emotion out of it, and let the powers that be know why certain changes don't work, it will go a lot further in effecting change. There are quite a few legacy behaviors that make working in the admin tedious and time consuming. I believe that 3d is committed to making things current and more user friendly.
                              Last edited by massagestore; 10-12-2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X