Product Listing Without Price Or Buy Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Listing Without Price Or Buy Button

I could be mistaken, but I think I remember a way to create a product listing without a price or buy button. I have listings that I want to place information only in, and a referral link as an affiliate to another site. Can anyone shed some light on either how to do this, whether this feature was in place before 8.2 or not, etc. Any / all assistance is greatly appreciated.

You can mark the item as not for sale which removes the buy button or you can make a copy of your listing template and remove the add to cart button. I don't ever recall any other built in way to do this.

Comment

Thank you bzeltzer I tried that after creating my post. The only thing that goes along with that is that the status will say not for sale and I have to check if any other purchase information will be there, including price. I also have to confirm how it shows up in the category area. Creating another listing template called affiliate might be the best way to go so I can craft it the way I like it. I also have a streaming service that installs its own button / payment processor on the page itself, so this template would be good for that as well. If anyone else has done something similar, please do let me know.

Comment

It may be helpful to use the "Display Text" field to stop the price from showing. It is found in the Advanced tab for products. You can type whatever you like, including just a space, to stop the price from showing.
        Luxlife

Comment

Originally posted by massagestore View Post
          I could be mistaken, but I think I remember a way to create a product listing without a price or buy button. I have listings that I want to place information only in, and a referral link as an affiliate to another site. Can anyone shed some light on either how to do this, whether this feature was in place before 8.2 or not, etc. Any / all assistance is greatly appreciated.
          You can use FTP to download the listing template and remove the blocks you don't want to appear (Pricing Block, Add to Cart Block). Save the item as Listing_2 and re upload. Use the advanced tab to use that listing template. Thats the best solution I can think of.

Comment

Working...
          X