Edit verbiage on Account Registration form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit verbiage on Account Registration form

When a new customer registers for an account, I would like to change "Tax ID" to "Employee ID"

I went into the store language and under Registration, it says Tax ID and I changed it to Employee ID, but it doesn't reflect that on the store, so it must be somewhere else.

any help?

Did you go to Settings -> General -> Store Settings -> General "Tab" and then click "Clear Cache"?

Comment

Yeah I cleared it a few times, I made the change yesterday and was hoping it would show up today.

I was hoping it would be all I had to do since I would not consider myself a "coder".

But tt still says "Tax ID" on the registration form unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by ESheaffer View Post
        Yeah I cleared it a few times, I made the change yesterday and was hoping it would show up today.

I was hoping it would be all I had to do since I would not consider myself a "coder".

But tt still says "Tax ID" on the registration form unfortunately.
        If you're running a core theme you'll need to go to
        Settings
        Designs
        Themes & styles
        Use the drop down to edit template
        Use the template drop down to find the folder common/core
        Edit the Registration_0 template
        Search for this term [registration_tax-id-label]
        Replace with Employee ID and save
        Clear Cache

If that seems over whelming, feel free to PM me a temp login and I will do it in about 30 seconds.

Good luck

Comment

Looks like the html5 templates have "Tax ID" hard coded in. Go into the registration_0.html file and search <label for="tax_id">Tax ID</label> and change the "Tax ID" to "Employee ID".

Or add the variable [registration_tax-id-label] in place of "Tax ID"

Comment

That worked out perfectly, I even got the 'required' asterisk to show up for it, however it doesn't actually make it required.
            I was able to create an account without entering anything in that field, even though it has the asterisk image with it.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it. I assume that making that field actually be required would be pretty in depth?

Comment

Originally posted by ESheaffer View Post
              That worked out perfectly, I even got the 'required' asterisk to show up for it, however it doesn't actually make it required.
              I was able to create an account without entering anything in that field, even though it has the asterisk image with it.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it. I assume that making that field actually be required would be pretty in depth?
              I'm not sure this will work properly with how the registration page is set up, but you should simply be able to add the word required into the input field.

Comment

Working...
              X