Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

CRITICAL CART PROBLEM - Support Ticket Opened 10/22/18 Still Not Resolved!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRITICAL CART PROBLEM - Support Ticket Opened 10/22/18 Still Not Resolved!

We opened ticket LUN-340-91288 on 10/22/18. We were informed by a customer that the following problem was occurring with our store:
    1) On the cart page if a coupon code is input the correct discount is shown.
    2) After applying the coupon code if the customer inputs their zip code on the cart page to calculate shipping the calculation freezes. There is gray translucent window over the cart page with the "Calculating Shipping" progress bar running non-stop. I can barely see through the gray window the error:

Response object error 'ASP 0156: 80004005'
    Header Error
    /includes/cart.inc, line 2039
    The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.

3) When the customer goes back, or continues shopping and comes back to the cart page the coupon is removed. If the customer tries to apply the coupon again they receive the following error:

Your coupon is not valid!
    Coupon Description
    Order country and state are invalid (All/)

4) About a week after this error started we discovered that the cart is stripping ALL coupon codes. We are using the one-page checkout version 2. Even if we proceed directly to final checkout without trying to apply a coupon or calculate shipping on the initial cart page we are unable to apply coupon codes. If we apply the coupon code on the one-page checkout it will (sometimes) indicate it is applied, but upon purchase completion there is no discount reflected. This happens with all coupon codes.

I was initially told by support to set my coupon code to All countries. This did nothing to fix the problem. They elevated the ticket to Level 2. After a week they responded that I was using a 3rd party template so they couldn't help me. We've had our template for a year Ella html 5. This problem just started, and we changed nothing on our end. I told them this was a core issue so they re-elevated to Level 2. I have not received a response from support since 11/2/2018. I have inquired about the ticket 3 times over the past week with NO RESPONSE. Black Friday is coming. We send out time sensitive coupon codes to our email list for Black Friday resulting in thousands of dollars in sales. We need this fixed NOW. Can anyone help?

Marty We apologize about not getting an update on this ticket. We had someone testing and confirming the issue to gather more information about what's going on. You will definitely get an email update today.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dcart-William View Post
      Marty We apologize about not getting an update on this ticket. We had someone testing and confirming the issue to gather more information about what's going on. You will definitely get an email update today.
      I just checked my store and some pages aren't loading now. BIG PROBLEM: The design has been broken. If you click on a category the category page has all the sub-categories and products pushed to the bottom of the page, and the product images are cut in half.

Comment

UPDATE: Orlando from support responded that there was an active auto-applied promotional code for Free Shipping from March of 2016 that was applied making non-stackable coupon codes not work. It is strange that the coupon codes would show the discount, but it would be stripped. It is also strange that this caused an error when calculating shipping. That old Free Shipping promotion was a test that should not have been active. The cart indicates it has been used zero times. We've seen inventory magically change, and inactive items become active. Apparently the cart changes things during updates. It would be nice if we could have a full back image created once a week to restore to previous conditions.

I have disabled that Free Shipping code from 2016, and I can see promotional codes and shipping calculations working. I haven't submitted an order yet, so I will need to keep testing. If this truly was the only problem WHY did it take nearly a month to resolve this ticket? I had inquired multiple times. I would also like to know WHY that auto-applied free shipping promotion didn't show on the cart page and why the cart indicates it has never been used?

Comment

Marty Not sure what could cause the categories not to load. Support will need to investigate to see what happened. Have you responded to the ticket with this information yet? We apologize for the time it took to figure out the cause, it required us to mimic the same promotions you have in your store into a test store. This way we wouldn't affect your store while testing. Orlando will be able to answer any questions you may have about the promotion setup.

Comment

Can someone from 3dcart - 3dcart-William please advise if the problem found is across all carts or just in Marty 's cart? Will it be fixed just in his cart or across the platform? Over the nearly 10 years we've been on 3dcart, we have seen instances of platform-wide issues being resolved just for the person(s) who specifically report the issue rather than applying the fix to all users.

Comment

JustPoppin This issue was specific to the merchant store and was resolved in the ticket. We haven't received any other reports about this so there wasn't a need for a fix to be applied globally. if you have any signs of this occurring in store please open a ticket and I can get someone to look into it.

Comment

JustPoppin This issue was specific to the merchant store and was resolved in the ticket. We haven't received any other reports about this so there wasn't a need for a fix to be applied globally. if you have any signs of this occurring in store please open a ticket and I can get someone to look into it.
                UPDATE: PROBLEM HAS RETURNED!!!. The problem seemed to be resolved. We were able to place test orders with coupon promotions successfully. We decided all was well and sent Black Friday coupon codes to our email list. We were contacted over the weekend by a customer attempting to use a coupon code issued for signing up to our email list. The code was stripped from her cart. I tested the code today and the SAME ISSUE IS OCCURRING. We need this fixed NOW. We do thousands of dollars in sales Black Friday through Cyber Monday. HELP!

Comment

Marty If the issue is occurring again, please respond to the email with the promotion name so we can get it escalated.

Comment

Marty If the issue is occurring again, please respond to the email with the promotion name so we can get it escalated.
                    Thanks William. I have responded to the ticket, and I spent a half hour on the phone with Hans from support. Hans has referred the issue to the developers. Hans and I were able to apply some coupon promotions, but not others. I hope the Black Friday coupon codes will work. I'm not going to mess with anything right now since the developers are looking into the issue. I will update here.

Comment

Marty Thanks! If I hear anything I will update you also.

Comment

Support contacted us this morning. The issue appears to be fixed.

Comment

Working...
                        X