Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Core Theme - See All Product Reviews

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Core Theme - See All Product Reviews

We have been with 3dcart for over 10 years and we are developing a new website based on the core theme.

On the Customer Reviews tab on a product page, I know you can dictate within the admin back end module how many reviews are displayed, but how does a customer see all of the reviews for that product if there are more reviews? Some of our products have 400 reviews and I do not want to display all of them in the tab, but like Amazon, a customer should be able to see all of the reviews.

On the Product Questions and Answers, there is a hyperlink to "View All Q&A's" and it opens up a window that shows all Questions and Answers (productqa.asp?action=listallqa&catalogid=##). It seems like the Product Reviews should behave the same way but unless I am missing something, they do not.

On the old template, there was a hyperlink (onclick="SeeReviews();) and it would open up a window to show all reviews for that specific product. Is this possible with the new Core Templates? If so, please let me know what the link should be.

Thanks!

I would send them a ticket. This is similar issue we found with the product qa a month or two ago. Looks it may be also missing the product_review_list.html file from the core directory.

Comment

Yes, I sent them a ticket but the people looking at the tickets, for the most part, really do not know the software very well beyond the very basic questions.

I have found that posting potential bugs or enhancement suggestions get more attention here than they do when submitting support tickets.

Comment

Agree

. 3dcart-William Maybe you can look into this. Works fine on an html5 template on my dev store. Broken on core templates (including an unedited core template).

The button to view more reviews is not appearing when the number of reviews exceeds the setting under modules>Reviews>Number of Reviews on Product Page.
        Missing product_review_list.html from core directory, which I believe is the file for the popup review window.

Comment

JoeBTI I checked into this and found there was an internal design developers ticket opened recently. There has not been an update yet but we are aware and working to get this resolved.

Comment

I was informed today that 3dcart has corrected this issue in the Core Theme Templates.

Comment

I noticed this as well when switching to a core template. FYI it does not look like it was fixed to me?

Also, there is no review count next to the review stars on the product page or in the review tab. And yes there should be a drop down to show all reviews - right?

I also seem to remember that there was a review count to the right of the stars on the product display for categories? And should there not be a link (bookmark) to the reviews from the stars?
              Last edited by kelly; 01-30-2019, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Yep, Its still missing.... Usually there is a button that displays within the review tab that opens a popup window to view all the reviews.

Comment

3dcart-William See ticket # MKV-815-39574 regarding this problem.

Comment

JoeBTI Thanks for the ticket ID, the developers released a patch to some stores to test before releasing it globally. I will get an ETA on the globally fix today and update the post. Thanks so much for your patience while we work to get this resolved!

Comment

Checked back with the devs and they are still building a stable patch for this. It's expected to go out with the next store version update, soon as I get a release date and confirmation I'll let everyone know.

Comment

I also seem to remember that there was a review count to the right of the stars on the product display for categories?
                        I also found that this is broken.

I fixed it in the product_items.html file by modifying the reviews section. See below. Hope that helps.

Code:
                        <div class="reviews">
                                <!--START: product_review-->
                                <!--START: product_review_average-->
                                <span class="reviews-stars rating-[review_average]"></span> [review_count] Review(s)
                                <!--END: product_review_average-->
                                <!--END: product_review-->
                            </div>
                        Maybe this can get reported by 3dcart-William so this can get fixed.

Comment

kbscoatings Thanks for the additional information. I've added this to the internal ticket with the developers, soon as we get an update I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscoatings View Post

I also found that this is broken.

I fixed it in the product_items.html file by modifying the reviews section. See below. Hope that helps.

Code:
                            <div class="reviews">
                            <!--START: product_review-->
                            <!--START: product_review_average-->
                            <span class="reviews-stars rating-[review_average]"></span> [review_count] Review(s)
                            <!--END: product_review_average-->
                            <!--END: product_review-->
                            </div>
                            Maybe this can get reported by 3dcart-William so this can get fixed.
                            I added this change and it works for product item but not for the product detail page. Thanks for the fix on that - just needs to show up detail page with link to tab for reviews. Is this and issue with all core templates or is it just related to some? I am using bradsbarber-core. Example www.caoh.com

Comment

Hello everyone, I apologize for the late update on this. But its been confirmed there is a fix that will be release with the version 9 update. It will begin rolling out within the next 2-3 week but will be on everyone's store by the end of March. Thanks so much for your patience while we got the corrected!

Comment

Working...
                              X