Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have a link in Product Question Email notification to answer the questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have a link in Product Question Email notification to answer the questions?

Would it be possible to modify the automated emails that notify us that we have a product question to contain a link that takes us directly to that question? That would allow us to answer it directly instead of searching for it in the module. The existing process is quite cumbersome, and most of our product questions go unanswered because of this. A link would enable us to do it directly from our phone if needed. This is something that would be VERY helpful to a lot of 3dCart customers.

Thank you!

Agreed. This would be extremely helpful!

Comment

BestCPAPprice and kbscoatings I couldn't agree more! Who needs to be brought into this suggestion to help effect a change? Also, has this been put in uservoice? Let's get this done asap... they are getting ready to roll out the next version of the app.

Comment

We didn't have a way to auto-redirect you into a page after logging into admin, but that changed a few month's ago, i'll have the emails updated to direct you directly to the question, same for reviews, etc!
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

We didn't have a way to auto-redirect you into a page after logging into admin, but that changed a few month's ago, i'll have the emails updated to direct you directly to the question, same for reviews, etc!
          Thank You!

Comment

You are the man GonzaloGil - This is what helps make 3d so great. Thank you so much... anything that helps make the app easier to use is always appreciated, and I personally value the fact that you / your team are watching for our feedback. We use the app in real world situations, which much of the time works out to be quite a bit different than how I thought I would use it, and it is hard to anticipate these things until 'battle tested'. Along those lines, I am very excited to also see that the file manager is on the roadmap, for the usability of that can definitely be improved / streamlined to help make using 3d more efficient and save time - just working with images alone can be quite laborious. This is all good stuff.

Comment

Can I second the responsiveness from GonzaloGil ? This is one of the reasons that I have standardized on the 3dCart platform for all of my websites.
              Last edited by hoosierdraft; 02-21-2019, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
                Thank you Gonzalo! So is that something that we should see soon, or will we have to wait for the next update to the store interface?

Comment

After looking at the emails a bit, i see that most of them don't even have a link to go directly to where you would expect to go...ie. a new CRM ticket is created, the email has the details but no link to go to it to reply. We are going to have to go through all the emails, really all the emails that go to the store owner, and customize them with a link, so this is going to be something we won't be able to deploy until 9.0 is completely out...I'll make sure we start on it asap, so that the first releases after 9.0 deployment can have it.
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thanks x11 million om these email changes!!!! (and V9 looks great too)

DaveW

Comment

This is awesome!

Would be sweet if this would work for customers as well. Mainly the product review email. Basically log them into their account if they come from the product review email. Right now the customer clicks "write a review" in the email, which takes them to the product page, then they click "write a review" on the product page, which redirects them to the login page. A lot of complaints on the process of leaving reviews.

Comment

@JoeBTI

This is a little different as this is front end, not sure if we have that done there, i will check, but, on the reviews, you are right, we need to make it easier. We've looked at some markup that works in most webmail that allows you to submit a form right from the email itself, this is awesome for asking for reviews, as the customer doesn't even have to leave the page, this is something we are looking at for future improvement to that feature.
                        Gonzalo Gil
                        3dCart Support
                        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil Having a customer be able to leave the feedback in the email would be great. The reviews app we had on shopify, who I am in the final stages of leaving to come back to 3d with my largest store, had that functionality, and it worked great. The number of reviews that were generated through this ease-of-use feature were exponentially higher, and customers really liked it.

Comment

Is there any additional update on this? Sounds like we are going to have to wait until the next release, whenever that is.

Also, I have been getting complaints from my customers that the product review links simply take them to a blank window. I was wondering why our product reviews have dropped off dramatically, and now I guess I know. I may open a separate thread on this.

Comment

GonzaloGil Are you still looking into allowing customers to submit product reviews from their email? Just re-enabled the product review module yesterday and already had two customers complain about leaving reviews. The process (explained above) is way too difficult. Spent about 10 minutes on the phone trying to walk a lady through the process. Her comment was "this is crazy".

I've searched a few 3rd party apps, but I really don't want to mess around with another app.

Comment

Working...
                              X