Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Thank you in advance for help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you in advance for help!

Posted on behalf of susan

I am new. There might be similar topics discussed before but I have not found. Thank you in advance for your help.

Q1: How to organize my products?
    My product is pet bed, typically style-size-color like cloth. If product set as style level, how can I update qty for each item. Let us say 1 style, in 3 size, 2 colors, total 6 sku, each sku has different stock level.

Q2: When I use color as option, when I click through color, main image place does change accordingly and shopping cart does not change image, which will confuse shopper.
    Will 3dCart allow me to do similar as Amazon's set up?
    You select item, then choose size, then choose color, all image will change accordingly.

Hi susan

Sorry for the weird issue on the forum that prevented your original message from being posted.

I would defer to the actual merchants on this forum to answer more specifics about best practices for your store, but I can offer some information on what the 3dcart service allows for your questions:

In regards to the question of organizing your products and inventory for different product styles, I would recommend using the store's built-in Advanced options. This is a feature where the products can have variations but also the added benefit of inventory tracking for each individual variant. Here's some information that might help:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...or-my-products

For question 2 regarding the image changing based on options selected, the store has a drop image feature that allows you to assign images to different options.
    https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...roduct-options

However, it does not change the main image itself. Rather it's just a small swatch of color that is shown next to the option. For changing the main image, that wold require special custom HTML coding. We do offer this as a design add-on on our app store https://apps.3dcart.com/Color-Swatches.html

There's also a gentleman on this forum who goes by the username thecartdesigner He does contracted design work and I believe he has his own version of the image change option. He's independent of 3dcart but he does really good work and many people on the forum sing his praises. :-)

So welcome to 3dcart and the forum, and feel free to ask questions here on this channel so other users can chime in and help!

Comment

#1: If I understand you correct, you will need the Advanced Options Price Configuration to do that.
      https://apps.3dcart.com/Advanced-Options-Price.html

#2: 3dcart does not do this. It picks the image that is associated with the selected first option and sets that as the image. I would like to see the Advanced Options Price Configuration allow you to not only set a price for all options selected but also the final image.

Comment

Thank you Henry for quick response. I will do more research!

Comment

susan Based on what you asked in Q1, you shouldn't need any sort of add-on. You do need to use the built-in advanced options functionality as Henry said. Regarding #2, if thecartdesigner can't help you, the 3dcart add-on probably makes sense. You will have to use a different kind of option called dropimage though.

Comment

Q3: continue my question Q1; product structure as this sku=style-size-color; Advance option allows me to update inventory level on each sku, but there is no field to let me set up inventory alert. I can only set alert on style level. Is there a way to do so?

Comment

susan I answered your question on the new thread you started.

Comment

Working...
              X