Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Bundles and Kits - Definition and use? Help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bundles and Kits - Definition and use? Help.....

I had been meaning to explore the 3d Cart "Bundle" option, so I gave it a try with no success. I called tech support who explained my concept of a "bundle" is completely different than what 3d cart considers a bundle. At the end of the day, I am trying to accomplish the following:

We offer numerous automotive products. It is COMMON for me to get a call asking for "All of the brake Lines" on the vehicle. Said request is made up of 6 separate SKU's on our site. Is there not a way for me to give the customer a SKU or Add to Cart Button, that they can add to the cart that will add all 6 items to the cart without me having to walk them thru the tedious task of finding each individual item and adding it to the cart?

Yes I know that I can create a product SKU that is the kit of all of the brake lines.....however this creates all sorts of inventory problems on the back end trying to account for the items that make up the kit. Basically a Add to cart button that adds 6 separate sku's to the cart would be ideal.

How are others handling this type of issue? I cannot imagine it is uncommon, but it's quite likely that there is a solution that I am just not aware of.

Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Elimax View Post
    I had been meaning to explore the 3d Cart "Bundle" option, so I gave it a try with no success. I called tech support who explained my concept of a "bundle" is completely different than what 3d cart considers a bundle. At the end of the day, I am trying to accomplish the following:

We offer numerous automotive products. It is COMMON for me to get a call asking for "All of the brake Lines" on the vehicle. Said request is made up of 6 separate SKU's on our site. Is there not a way for me to give the customer a SKU or Add to Cart Button, that they can add to the cart that will add all 6 items to the cart without me having to walk them thru the tedious task of finding each individual item and adding it to the cart?

Yes I know that I can create a product SKU that is the kit of all of the brake lines.....however this creates all sorts of inventory problems on the back end trying to account for the items that make up the kit. Basically a Add to cart button that adds 6 separate sku's to the cart would be ideal.

How are others handling this type of issue? I cannot imagine it is uncommon, but it's quite likely that there is a solution that I am just not aware of.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can create a product bundle using options, and keep the inventory accurate. If you click on the drop down on the right side after you add an options, you can click custom item, it will give you a pop up with your products. You can attach your 6 Skus to 6 different options. When someone purchase this "bundle" the individual product stocks are adjusted.

Comment

And if I am understanding this, they are going to have be required to click on 6 separate drop downs in order to Create this bundle..? That is not going to work for the customers.......If there is some actual way to do this I would love to know as tech support tells me it is not possible.

Basically customer is ordering a "Kit" made up of 6 products. There is no choice in those products. I am looking so when they order the "kit" the 6 items are put in their cart. Asking them to drop down 6 different drop down menus and selecting something is way to confusing to them....

Comment

Elimax

The only other way I could think of doing this would be stacking promotions.

Create your product (The bundle) followed by a promotions for each item in the bundle.

If (Bundle) is added to cart add Item 1 at a fixed price of $0
        If (Bundle) is added to cart add Item 2 at a fixed price of $0
        And so on

Thats not going to be the cleanest solution but it's the only other one I can think of.
        Attached Files

Comment

Elimax Do you use an inventory manager? We use ecomdash, and it has proper kitting functionality built in, so we would create 1 product on 3d, and then tell ecomdash that when that sells, it is made of 6 products and it deducts each of the 6 from on hand inventory... it then pushes the updated quantities to all of our websites and marketplace listings too. Since our PO's go through ecomdash as well, it creates an automated loop that takes a lot less time and energy once set up properly.

Comment

We having been running quickbooks inventory and have grown out of it. We will likely be shifting to fishbowl which should handle our kitting functionality a lot better than what we are dealing with currently......thanks for the suggestion on ecomdash.

Comment

Regarding the 3dcart "Bundle" "system", consider the insanity of the following phrase from the KB article: "Furthermore, even though the bundle will deduct inventory, it will not check to make sure the products included in the bundle are in stock."

Imagine how an active online store is supposed to function with a system that will happily over sell your stock. How the "developers" wrote that sentence without falling out of their chairs laughing at their customers who would have to deal with its ramifications is beyond me.

Link to KB: https://support.3dcart.com/index.php...undle-tutorial

Comment

@JustPoppin im pretty sure we updated the feature a few version ago to not let you add to cart if 1 of the items in the bundle isn't available, did you try this on your store?
                ----------------------------
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

No, GonzaloGil we have not tried this on our store? Why would we try this if, while trying to learn about the feature prior to implementing it, we read your KB article on it and it includes that statement? I didn't pull that idea out of thin air - it's cut and pasted from your KB. We always read your support articles before trying anything so we don't get caught with our pants down halfway through an implementation by something that was disclosed. If the system actually works the way it should now, how about writing a KB that provides up to date info so that we can know how to properly use the feature without causing ourselves problems? I don't have time to set up and implement something like this on a "try and see" basis that goes in direct contradiction to your documentation. (Because after it fails and I complain, you know that "support" is going to reply to my detailed question with a link to the KB article, telling me I should have known better.)

Comment

JustPoppin, sorry man, just trying to help you right now, i have already asked for the kb to be reviewed, i am 99% sure it was improved recently to solve that issue. The developers really had a laugh at your comment though, they love your "comedy".
                    Gonzalo Gil
                    3dCart Support
                    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

HA HA GonzaloGil I'm glad. I do try. I also appreciate that you were/are trying to help but please realize that your long time users know how this works - the first thing that happens in nearly every support request is a reply with a link to a KB article. So we try to comb those first before requesting support. Kits/Bundles checking inventory before allowing an order is a HUGE difference from years of it working in the exact opposite way. Every time we've had a reason to use a bundle or kit we've checked the KB again to see if there have been any updates. I just happened to see OP's post yesterday when I had again just checked that KB because again, we have need for a bundle and had to abandon the idea. If you're saying it's fixed, that would be great and maybe we'll try it again. Thanks.

Comment

I just confirmed, it is fixed, it wont let you add to cart if a bundled item is out of stock, we'll have KB updated soon.
                        Gonzalo Gil
                        3dCart Support
                        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Thank you for confirming it. Much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X