Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Google Update - Now Traffic Down 76% - Anyone Else? What Are You Doing to Fix It?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Update - Now Traffic Down 76% - Anyone Else? What Are You Doing to Fix It?

Evidently google had some update at the beginning of the month that has completely tanked us. Traffic and sales are off by more than 76%. We won't last long like this. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you figured out anything to fix it?

We've coasted well through past major google updates over the last 10+ years, but this time, we are dead in the water and can't find any info regarding how to handle it. There doesn't seem to be any actual "reason" and of course google is tight lipped about what they did to the algorithm that tanked so many sites.

Open to suggestions...

I have just recently moved off the 3dcart platform, b/c of so many issues and SEO. I've moved over to BigCommerce. I had done alot of SEO work and one of the 3dcart updates. I lost alot of the SEO that was done on category, subcategories and products. I feel your pain for sure on the traffic down alot. Heres something that i found that was helpful and useful information on this google update. Look at the video from THE HOTH (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvkSVOCtVgU) It was put up there today and has alot of good info to use. I really hope this helps you and others alot. Keep up the work you've done with the site, blogging and etc. If you need SEO help and get more ranking. Use The Hoth. They are doing great for them self and very professional. My rep there is Taylor. You have make a apt, and they will call you. Their prices from what i understand are wholesale. Check it out and see if may be a good fit for you.

David
    Choice Checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Choice Checks View Post
      I have just recently moved off the 3dcart platform, b/c of so many issues and SEO. I've moved over to BigCommerce. I had done alot of SEO work and one of the 3dcart updates. I lost alot of the SEO that was done on category, subcategories and products....

David
      Choice Checks.
      Please explain the work done and specifically, what was lost.
      Luxlife

Comment

If you believe that moving ecomm platforms is going to resolve this issue, be prepared to keep switching platforms. Google continues to spin the dial on "SEO" to get you to chase your tail. In fact, what they are doing is forcing you to spend advertising dollars on Adwords. Or forcing you to feel like you have to use Adwords to regain the traffic that you enjoyed from natural search. "Don't be evil" is such a cute phrase.

Comment

You are exactly correct hoosierdraft Unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any useful, usable, practical tips for small ecomm biz to mitigate this update/disaster. There just seems to be a whole lot of "no one knows what's behind this update, we'll just have to wait and see." Except, we don't have time to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
          X