Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Update - Now Traffic Down 76% - Anyone Else? What Are You Doing to Fix It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Update - Now Traffic Down 76% - Anyone Else? What Are You Doing to Fix It?

Evidently google had some update at the beginning of the month that has completely tanked us. Traffic and sales are off by more than 76%. We won't last long like this. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you figured out anything to fix it?

We've coasted well through past major google updates over the last 10+ years, but this time, we are dead in the water and can't find any info regarding how to handle it. There doesn't seem to be any actual "reason" and of course google is tight lipped about what they did to the algorithm that tanked so many sites.

Open to suggestions...

I have just recently moved off the 3dcart platform, b/c of so many issues and SEO. I've moved over to BigCommerce. I had done alot of SEO work and one of the 3dcart updates. I lost alot of the SEO that was done on category, subcategories and products. I feel your pain for sure on the traffic down alot. Heres something that i found that was helpful and useful information on this google update. Look at the video from THE HOTH (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvkSVOCtVgU) It was put up there today and has alot of good info to use. I really hope this helps you and others alot. Keep up the work you've done with the site, blogging and etc. If you need SEO help and get more ranking. Use The Hoth. They are doing great for them self and very professional. My rep there is Taylor. You have make a apt, and they will call you. Their prices from what i understand are wholesale. Check it out and see if may be a good fit for you.

David
    Choice Checks.

Comment

Originally posted by Choice Checks View Post
      I have just recently moved off the 3dcart platform, b/c of so many issues and SEO. I've moved over to BigCommerce. I had done alot of SEO work and one of the 3dcart updates. I lost alot of the SEO that was done on category, subcategories and products....

David
      Choice Checks.
      Please explain the work done and specifically, what was lost.
      Luxlife

Comment

If you believe that moving ecomm platforms is going to resolve this issue, be prepared to keep switching platforms. Google continues to spin the dial on "SEO" to get you to chase your tail. In fact, what they are doing is forcing you to spend advertising dollars on Adwords. Or forcing you to feel like you have to use Adwords to regain the traffic that you enjoyed from natural search. "Don't be evil" is such a cute phrase.

Comment

You are exactly correct hoosierdraft Unfortunately. I haven't been able to find any useful, usable, practical tips for small ecomm biz to mitigate this update/disaster. There just seems to be a whole lot of "no one knows what's behind this update, we'll just have to wait and see." Except, we don't have time to wait and see.

Comment

Working...
          X