Frustrated with Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrated with Support

Sometimes I wonder if some of the support folks just aren't trained in the platform and then your ticket needs to be escalated to the "Development Team" to fix it.

I recently tried the Pre-Order Module -- got several orders using this -- the orders were "lost" and never showed up anywhere but in the Customer's account -- I could not even search for them in my Admin -- not in Pre-Order folder, Not completed folder or anywhere -- an order number was assigned to them and the item was added to the "on hold" status for the product count. Opened a ticket and they could not fix and that was passed on to the Dev Team

That was a week ago.

I had to manually recreate the orders so I could ship out to my customers -- oh, the system did charge their credit cards.

So now I have a number of products "on hold" that are for lost orders -- so I contacted Support to see if I could get the "on hold" numbers corrected. They don't get it. I'm told this morning that the "on hold" numbers include "not completed orders" --- I don't think that is correct, if it is it's unbelievable -- one could have 100 products "on hold" for not completed orders that the customer will never place -- they're just adding it to a cart for whatever reason.

I have another issue where support doesn't get it, but I'll address that in another post.
    Joe Arbogast
    http://www.birdsafestore.com

Birdsafe We apologize for the issue with the preorder module. I checked with the devs and we are prioritizing this so we can figure out what's causing this soon as possible. As far as the "on hold" items in not completed orders this is correct. This allows the customers that actually come back to finish the order and check out.

Comment

3dcart-William -- I know this is "your" software, but I think you are incorrect about the on hold numbers. I just tested it -- logged into an account added an item to the cart and it did NOT increase the on hold number for that item. If it did that would be very bad because I could add every item that is in stock and thereby keep other customers who intend to place an order right away from purchasing it. I have shopping carts that are weeks old and if they all held items out of stock I wouldn't have any inventory.

But thanks for the push to get the issue resolved.
      Joe Arbogast

Comment

Originally posted by Birdsafe View Post
        ...So now I have a number of products "on hold" that are for lost orders -- so I contacted Support to see if I could get the "on hold" numbers corrected. They don't get it. I'm told this morning that the "on hold" numbers include "not completed orders" --- I don't think that is correct, if it is it's unbelievable -- one could have 100 products "on hold" for not completed orders that the customer will never place -- they're just adding it to a cart for whatever reason...
        The following is from Cloudflare:
        How can bot traffic be bad for business?

Some websites can be financially crippled by malicious bot traffic, even if their performance is unaffected. Sites that rely on advertising and sites that sell merchandise with limited inventory are particularly vulnerable.

For sites that serve ads, bots that land on the site and click on various elements of the page can trigger fake ad clicks; this is known as click fraud. While this may initially result in a boost in ad revenue, online advertising networks are very good at detecting bot clicks. If they suspect a website is committing click fraud, they will take action, usually in the form of banning that site and its owner from their network. For this reason, owners of sites that host ads need to be ever-wary of bot click fraud.

Sites with limited inventory can be targeted by inventory hoarding bots. As the name suggests, these bots go to eCommerce sites and dump tons of merchandise into their shopping carts, making that merchandise unavailable for purchase by legitimate shoppers. In some cases this can also trigger unnecessary restocking of inventory from a supplier or manufacturer. The inventory hoarding bots never make a purchase; they are simply designed to disrupt the availability of inventory.

-------

Could this be a reason you have products on hold?
        Luxlife

Comment

Luxlife -- thanks for that, but no. I know the reason but for some reason Support does not believe me or even know how it works. A Ticket was opened and the last response I got was that the "on hold" number is affected by Recurring Orders and that "as soon as those are shipped, the numbers will change" - well, since they are "recurring" orders they will always be open, so that makes no sense at all, it would be an endless loop of items on hold.
          Joe Arbogast

Comment

I have to agree with Birdsafe, we have been having support issues where their initial response seems to lack the knowledge of the system. Here we all are using 3dcart functions daily and we notice little flaws. You would think the response would be "ok cool - we will get right on it and take care of it." Its really never that way? I have 4 open tickets on some pretty important issues and basically have been told its my problem. I simply am perplexed by this attitude. Why on earth would you not want to handle it.

Bots adding items to cart? Why - is this not a security hole? (Google, Amazon Pay, Bing and a number of Russian sites). Russian sites are easy just block the ip, but blocking ips to the others can be a site killer. I just simply don't understand how a bots should be able to add an item to cart. I have been an online retailer for 20 years and never had this be an issue until we came over to 3dcart.
            Amazon FBA errors in notes on non Amazon orders?
            AMP errors on videos added into the product images tab.
            Incorrect product price on reorders win logging into customers account due to module conflicts - (Recurring Orders).

Don't get me wrong there are a lot of plus points about 3dcart, but there is also a growing number of negatives and I am not sure they care!

Comment

Yeah, support has definitely went down hill since I've started with 3dCart. Now that we have a TAM its been better. (He's pretty knowledgeable with the platform)

We're currently working on an issue with 3dcart, but I was told its an "expected behavior", which I find to be ridiculous.

The shipping is calculating at commercial rates (which is what we want) in the cart at first. However, when the customer logs into their account the rates start calculating at residential rates. We don't want residential rates and based on our settings its should always be commercial rates.

Settings:
              • Default to Residential Rates (UPS / FEDEX) - UNCHECKED
              • Allow Address Type Selection - UNCHECKED
              • Using our UPS negotiated rates
              Others using the same setup will have this issue too. It happens on all of my stores.

I like the 3dCart platform as well, but if this doesn't get fixed I'm afraid we'll probably switch platforms.

Comment

kelly Were there tickets open regarding those concerns I can review? I'm sure support explained in some details why those issues were happening. JoeBTI I don't have all the details of this shipping rate issue but based off what's explained it seems the customer account that's logging in has a residential address. Once the store sends that address to the carrier services it usually brings back the rates based off that. Did this function differently for you before and has now changed?

Comment

3dcart-William

Once the store sends that address to the carrier services it usually brings back the rates based off that.
                  This is not true. I've received xml requests and responses from you guys. You do not include the address in the request, which the carrier would need (Only city, state and zip) to determine the address type. If this were the case I highly doubt the settings I mentioned above would even exist. Plus, I tested several commercial addresses and rates always came back as residential.

Default to Residential Rates (UPS / FEDEX) - This is unchecked....Why are residential rates being calculated?

Comment

JoeBTI Did this function differently for you before and has now changed? Or was this always the way shipping was calculated?

Comment

3dcart-William Not sure. A customer recently notified me of the issue. Another employee here stated they received complaints regarding this same issue.

Comment

JoeBTI Support usually checks to see that to confirm these things. Do you have the ticket id that was opened regarding this I can review?

Comment

No ticket...Spoke directly with my TAM.

3dcart-William Default to Residential Rates (UPS / FEDEX) - This is unchecked....Why are residential rates being calculated?

Comment

JoeBTI Please reach back out to them and request this gets investigated further to confirm things are working as they should.

Comment

What is a "TAM"?
                              Luxlife

Comment

Working...
                              X