Google Address Autofill Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Address Autofill Issues

Hi all, is anyone having issues with Google Address Autofill? I am repeatedly getting an issue popping up in the address field in which after a few seconds of going to the checkout page, it switches to Oops! Something went wrong. I opened a ticket and after a few days heard back telling me that there is an issue with my api key. I read all of the instructions, watched videos, and this isn't rocket science (although I am not sure if I was supposed to sign up for a google cloud account - I tried it with and without). I also tried with and without restricting the api key. I also tried with / without places api added to the list of api's in the project and still get the same issue. I am not quite sure what the issue is or what I am doing wrong. There really isn't more that I see I can do on the google side of things, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Picture attached.

On another note, my site has started behaving like it is possessed. It turned off some global settings that were in place to keep the New Items showing on the Category Pages.. aka Hide Left Bar in the Titles & Content Settings. Very strange. I am also having sporadic search issues again... sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

It looks like your checkout template was modified, before going crazy i would rename it so that the default one is used....But, looking at the error console, it tells you right there what the issue seems to be:

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...ated-map-error

"The Maps JavaScript API is not activated on your API project. You may need to enable the Maps JavaScript API under APIs in the Google Cloud Platform Console.

See Get an API key.
    "
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Hey GonzaloGil! That did it, thank you so much. Well that was a day or so of hair pulling that is complete. Just as an fyi, when I clicked the link in the module for instructions, it took me to the Places API section, so I added the Places API Key. I also added the Maps Embed API key (I figured why not, it may just do it), but would not have thought to add the Maps JavaScript API key too. I looked in the 3d KB for some extra guidance, and it too said to go to the Places API section. Perhaps this instruction set can be added so that future users know they may need to add Maps JS to help avoid any headaches.

Comment

sadly it's working correctly if you ship to US only ... otherwise will pull non relevant foreign addresses in alphabetic order starting with Albania, Argentina ,etc.... maybe geo locator would help ..

Comment

@kalaja I think your suggestion should be doable...setting the default country for the non-logged in user to to the IP of the visitor's/users country, that would narrow it down a bit....will check into that.
          ----------------------------
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil I have no doubt you guys will find solution. Keep up with good work adding more useful features...3dcart become most important ecommerce platform for us and thousands of small businesses as we are.. we depend on you guys..

Comment

Using autofill greyed on street address and would not let people enter and info

Comment

kelly does it say 'oops!...' as well? I was getting a grayed out box with an error message until I created a google cloud account / set up the api correctly. Gonzalo helped me out with the details, and I believe the KB instruction set has been updated to reflect the change I needed to make. Hope this helps.

Comment

I have one and tested it - then errors started.

Comment

Working...
                  X