Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Pricing On Products With Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing On Products With Options

I am hoping that someone can help me out with this challenge, for if there is no work around, I think I just ran into a major limitation of the app that will have site-wide ramifications for our store.

I have a lot of products that come in different sizes, so for this example, I will use an essential oil I am working on: Let's call it X, and it comes in 1/2oz, 3.3oz, 16oz.

I just set up the 'base item' (1/2 oz), the options for the larger sizes, and the advanced options for inventory control. When it came time to handle pricing, I put in the price for the 1/2oz, the upcharge for the larger sizes, etc, and now I can't put it on sale because there is only a sale price for the base item, and no other options. Also, I need to have a base price for each item as well as a sale price field for the options so that when someone makes their selection, the base price adjusts as well. This is a double whammy. [See the photo attached.]

With an ever increasing database of products in our catalog, and I am sure this is for a lot of people, I would like to consolidate products with option sets and have better control over them so that I don't have 1000's of products for people to sift through when looking for what they want.

Also, I think it is a good thing to be able to select whether or not we want the +$amt to show in the options selection... some things you want people to see that. Other things, like sizes, people don't need to see that. They know a larger size is going to be more money.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions? Is this something that 3d would consider adding? A more robust way of handling products with options and different pricing parameters would be awesome.

image is to small to see anything...

Comment

Thanks kalaja ... does this link help?

https://s1281.photobucket.com/user/t...kucjk.png.html

Let me know, thanks.

Comment

We all have the same problem.. its a massive problem. There is no workaround except to give every item and its qty a unique SKU which is not great for the end user. The problem is further debilitating when you want to do price changes since the product name is not in the advanced product options file.

And its not just a problem for us webmaster/admins.. it confuses the customer and they leave the cart without making a purchase.

3DCart is making Shopify look a lot better these days.

Comment

Hey [email protected], thank you for responding. I want to make sure I am clear as to what you are referencing that would make having a product with options 'better' on 3d. If a product does have options, fields that should be available to fill in are:

Option Product Name
          Option Product Price (vs having it be +$)

Quantity Discount Table Calculated Based On Total Amount Of Product, Even If It Is An Option With A Higher Price

I am constructing a workaround using the upsell items, but it is far from ideal and very work heavy. I have 4 shopify stores and can tell you that natively, it doesn't handle the option names any better, and they don't have quantity discount tables (you have to install an app for that, usually for a fee), but I agree that there is room for improvement in how 3d handles this situation. Large catalogs need to be consolidated using options, and we need option functions that support their use.

Quick Update 8/27 - After I wrote this, I got an email from BigCommerce about this very issue, and what they did was put a check box near the option set that one would want to have append the product name (xxxxxx). So if I ticked size, it would become xxxxxx 7oz, xxxxxx 14oz as those options are selected, etc. Very smart way to do this.

Here is to hoping that the powers that be read this and see the benefit of adding these functions / adjustments to the app.
          Last edited by massagestore; 08-27-2019, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X