Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart-William
    replied
    flyalan We apologize for the time its taking to the get resolved. The developers have updated us and someone will respond to the email with an update. Thanks so much for your patience!

Leave a comment:

• flyalan
    replied
    Must be a complicated issue.. Still waiting...
    Alan

Leave a comment:

• 3dcart-William
    replied
    flyalan Thanks for the test data and reply, someone is looking into it now and will update you soon.

Leave a comment:

• flyalan
    replied
    I just tested it myself and placed a test order for a product that I set to preorder status with a due date of tomorrow. I used PayPal and I was charged?? I thought that would not happen until the status was changed? I will try to process that order tomorrow and see what happens. I did note that on the preorder module it is not saving my selection of the check box for Automatically process orders on availability date .. At least when I go back and look the box remains unchecked?
    I also did check my PayPal settings and that is correct so I am not sure what my PayPal was charged on this test order?

I have updated the ticket with all this information.

Alan

Leave a comment:

• 3dcart-William
    replied
    flyalan Thanks for providing the ticket id. We have someone looking into this and running some test to confirm the issue. I believe there was an update sent out earlier, we will keep you post via email on the progress. Thank so much for your patience!

Leave a comment:

• flyalan
    replied
    According to support it was escalated two days ago. Ticket SZN-970-26683
    That happened because the preorder system did not work correctly from the start. Ongoing issue. Either way I need these changed too new. Only the orders men toned in the ticket.

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    Got a ticket #? i can have it escalated, however, the way the pre-order system works is that it DOES NOT charge the customer until the order is placed.
    If these orders are charged already, then the system might be having a problem as to move the pre-order to NEW, it needs to charge, but, it can't, because it seems (as per your description) that these items where paid for already...if this is the case we might just need to have support move the orders manually to new....anyway please post ticket # so i can have it escalated, should be a very quick fix.

Leave a comment:

• flyalan
    replied
    Well no resolution yet! Was escalated but nothing other than that. Typical.
    alan

Leave a comment:

• flyalan
    replied
    Thank Gonzalo. I set the available date to yesterday when I was working on this yesterday. Nothing happened. When I try to change the orders to NEW it keeps reverting back to preorder. I tried also marking the checkbox to move automatically and that did not help.
    One complicating factor is the module was not functioning correctly initially and support had to manually set them to pre-order for me. They were't showing up anywhere in my queue. Both orders were paid for up front so there should not be a trigger to charge the customer. I assume since they did not trigger as preorder that may be the issue? This may be a leftover from the prior issue?
    I am opening a ticket.

Thanks
    Alan
    Last edited by flyalan; 08-25-2019, 11:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    Have you seen:

https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...e-order-module

Specifically:
    • Automatically process orders on availability date
      When the pre-order item is purchased, the order will reside in your store's PRE-ORDER status queue and the customer's card is authorized for the charge. When the item becomes available, you can move the order to the NEW order status and the credit card charge is captured. By marking this checkbox, the store will automatically move the order to the NEW status for you when the item's availability date arrives.

When the item is available, it gets moved to new and customer is charged. You an do this manually or automatically by setting that setting.

If this is the way you are expecting it to work and it isn't, then shoot over a ticket, my best guess is going to be that the availability date for the item on the order isn't in the past.

Leave a comment:

• flyalan
    started a topic Moving pre-orders once product arrives

Moving pre-orders once product arrives

Now that my pre-order module is working properly the next issue is how to move the order to another status when the product arrives.
    I have updated the product to "default" on inventory control. Changed to availability date to today. When I go to the actual order under the pre-order tab it won't let me change the status to new. New is an option but when I save it is reverting to Pre-ORDER? I did not see much on this in the documentation. I would just leave it as pre-order and fill it but Pre-order doesn't cross over to Shipsation so updating to NEW is preferable.
    Has anyone experienced this or am I doing something incorrectly.

Thanks
    Alan
Working...
X