No announcement yet.

Facebook issues and 3dCart lack of support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol - looks like 3dCart now 'owns' my catalogue and I have to pay for custom programming if I want admin access myself. I have reported to facebook. This is not right.
    Sue
    Fabric Garden
    fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

The facebook shop integration should be up and running fine now. If you are having any issue with it please reach out to our support team via email [email protected] or phone 800.828.6650. For the instagram integration we have a page that explains the steps needed to get started https://www.3dcart.com/sell-on-instagram.html

Comment

3dcart-William Does this resolve the issue with Facebook Connect and the fact that I don't own my own catalogue? The issue is that I can't use Facebook Business Manager to manage my ads in one place.
        Sue
        Fabric Garden
        fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

fabricgarden My apologies, the post stated"3dcart lack of support" so I assumed you weren't getting any assistance from us. I checked your account and saw in the ticket (YAL-752-67698) we explained that to utilize the 3dcart FB module, we must be listed as the owner in order to create the catalog. We can only suggest to manually create a catalog on Instagram. You can also inquire with an account manager to see if custom programming is a possibility. Account managers are available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Eastern.1-800-828-6650

Comment

@fabricgarden - We do have an open request to facebook to see how we can give permissions to the catalog. We were able to do it manually, but still waiting to see if we can gain API Access.
            There is info on that here:
            https://www.facebook.com/business/he...42840805783715
            Basically you go to the catalog section on business settings and request access, it gives you a KEY that we can use to then give you access. We are trying to avoid having merchants to do that, we should have a clear answer next week, worst case, we can add a section on the plugin to add this key so we can have our team give you access.
            ----------------------------
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

It would really be nice and we should have access to the file going over to Facebook... - facebook_products.csv
              TheWrightStuff.com
              CaregiverProducts.com
              ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

GonzaloGil That would be great. I have generated the key (It's in my original email to support) and I did ask if they could manually add it so that I had access to the catalogue. A long term solution would be great. I love the new DNS record management for example - so simple and avoids going back and forward to support to get small changes made.
                Sue
                Fabric Garden
                fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

@fabricgarden Sorry, i couldnt find it on the ticket, could you go to Business Settings (in facebook), on the left menu, Data Sources, then, Catalogs, Then click Add, and then Request access to a catalog. Then, either private message me that number, or, just paste it on the ticket, and i will get it done for you right away.

Annotation 2020-03-04 172343.jpg
                  Gonzalo Gil
                  3dCart Support
                  800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil Thanks for helping out. I now have access to my catalogue!
                    Sue
                    Fabric Garden
                    fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

USABiker I got the same error - I wasn't an administrator of my facebook page only an Editor. Once I fixed that the connection worked.
                      Sue
                      Fabric Garden
                      fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

USABiker I finally got it to work with GonzaloGil 's help. First I need to be an admin of my own facebook page (I had made myself an editor by mistake - it took 3 years - but finally facebook sorted it out for me). I then got the catalogue to connect - but as 3dCart is the owner of the catalogue I could not add to Facebook Manager. You need to 'request access' to the 3dCart catalogue - it will give you a number which you send to 3dCart and they add you to their catalogue and hey viola it works.

Another issue is the way the products sync. You need to have minimum data i.e. GTIN, Manufacturer, Price etc. I have a product that won't sync (with variables) and I am ping pongng with 3dCart to see what the issue is. They say there is none - I say there is.Unfortunately, it is a product a really want the ability to tag on IG otherwise I would just give up.

Basically, the facebook connect module is not designed to work with Facebook Business Manager it seems. It only connects to your business page.

I have been fighting with this one for several months. I even got Shoppable IG to work!
                        Sue
                        Fabric Garden
                        fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Thanks for posting "You need to 'request access' to the 3dCart catalogue - it will give you a number which you send to 3dCart and they add you to their catalogue and hey viola it works."

I am finally able to circle back to this. I sent in a ticket requesting access. We will see how this goes..
                          Last edited by Chris; 04-02-2020, 09:47 AM.
                          TheWrightStuff.com
                          CaregiverProducts.com
                          ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

fabricgarden you are the lucky one.

When I requested access to my catalog, this is the response received:

"Our current integration currently does not support this. We are planning to make some changes to the integration to make this possible, however no ETA is available at this time. Feel free to periodically check in as more information may be available in the near future"

So, the products show up on my fb page....which is progress...but I cannot do any promotions...etc...
                            TheWrightStuff.com
                            CaregiverProducts.com
                            ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Chris, sorry, this incorrect, clearly the support agent wasn't aware of the KB we recently created: https://support.3dcart.com/Knowledge...s-on-instagram
                              It is true that we couldnt do it before, but we found a way around. If you send me your business ID (VIA PM or email to [email protected]) and your store URL i can take care of it for you, if you have a ticket on this issue please send that over as well so i can see which Support Agents need to learn about this.
                              Gonzalo Gil
                              3dCart Support
                              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil Sorry for not responding sooner. Thanks for responding. Yes, support sent me an email a few days later and in fact did get this going for me. I have it in place and am now able to run fb ads using my catalog. Thanks for your help.
                                TheWrightStuff.com
                                CaregiverProducts.com
                                ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Working...
                                X