Hundreds of orders being added to my Not Completed Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hundreds of orders being added to my Not Completed Card

I have used 3dCart for over 7 years. Over the last couple of months - I have had a huge spike in not completed orders. These range from 100 - 200 a day now. I have reported to support several times LIH-137-15388 - they say it is due to bots crawling my site, What has changed? Why is it suddenly such a huge issue and why can they not resolve it. It makes a mockery out of abandoned carts - as to find the few I have to trawl through all these. Any ideas on how to resolve?
    Sue
    Fabric Garden
    fabricgarden.com.au

@fabricgarden, every day there is more and more bots, that's what changed i think. if you go to a few orders, and look at the ip address of the user, you could ban them if its the same or similar. You can use https://www.arin.net/ and paste the IP on top to search and see who they are. If its AWS (amazon) or ips from random countries you don't do business in, you could block them using https://support.3dcart.com/knowledge...ssing-my-store .
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

The move to Version 9.0 caused that issue for us as well.

More info here: https://forums.3dcart.com/forum/shop...-items-to-cart

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
        @fabricgarden, every day there is more and more bots, that's what changed i think. if you go to a few orders, and look at the ip address of the user, you could ban them if its the same or similar. You can use https://www.arin.net/ and paste the IP on top to search and see who they are. If its AWS (amazon) or ips from random countries you don't do business in, you could block them using https://support.3dcart.com/knowledge...ssing-my-store .
        Hi Gonzalo,

I see on that link you provided, the ability to block by geographic area, but I only see instructions on how to block IP addresses. Is that how to block countries, or is there a setting specifically for countries? Are there IP addresse ranges for whole countries?

My site launches Tuesday and I want to avoid every problem I can! ;) I want to block China, Russia, etc. But I want to keep India, because I have in-laws there. :cool:

Thanks!
        Last edited by Connie Zimmermann; 09-13-2019, 10:37 AM.
        Connie Zimmermann
        (an eCommerce newbie)
        www.AmericanCentralStore.com

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to block countries right now, just ip or ip ranges....we are looking into bringing this in the future, with our cloudflare integration, we can do it right now but it would affect all stores, we don't have that quiet ready to be able to configure on a per store basis....
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way to block countries right now, just ip or ip ranges....we are looking into bringing this in the future, with our cloudflare integration, we can do it right now but it would affect all stores, we don't have that quiet ready to be able to configure on a per store basis....
            Thanks Gonzalo, so I'm realizing that means I need to find out and then input the ranges for each country. Do you know of any resources to get that IP information? Thanks again!
            Connie Zimmermann
            (an eCommerce newbie)

Comment

To be honest, blocking via ranges like that for an entire country is going to be extremely hard, as usually there is 100's of ranges, if not more. Also, since ips are just about to run out, many times entire blocks of ips change hands and you could be blocking legitimate users. What i suggest is looking at the incomplete orders and seeing if there is any pattern, then block that range, instead of blocking an entire country.
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

To be honest, blocking via ranges like that for an entire country is going to be extremely hard, as usually there is 100's of ranges, if not more. Also, since ips are just about to run out, many times entire blocks of ips change hands and you could be blocking legitimate users. What i suggest is looking at the incomplete orders and seeing if there is any pattern, then block that range, instead of blocking an entire country.
                Ok, that's what I'll do. Considering what folks are experiencing (the uptick in abandoned carts) the sooner you could add that feature, the better!! I know lots of people would be grateful. Thanks Gonzalo!
                Connie Zimmermann
                (an eCommerce newbie)

Comment

GonzaloGil Thanks - but I think I agree with kbscoatings coatings - this is not normal. It was introduced with version 9.0.

I should not be blocking Google indexing my site! I manage a couple of carts on other platforms and they don't have this same issue (woocommerce, episerver etc). The issue is 3dCart. Please could someone look at.
                  Sue
                  Fabric Garden
                  fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

What i think might have changed back in 9.0 was that we let you see more of the abandoned carts, it used to only show you the ones once they reached checkout or of those that are logged in....so the guest, carts with 1 item that you are seeing now were just hidden from you, perhaps that's best, i'll check into perhaps bringing that back.
                    Gonzalo Gil
                    3dCart Support
                    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

GonzaloGil That would be good - yesterday I had to delete 245 'fake' not completed orders that occured overnight. It is unmanageable.
                      Sue
                      Fabric Garden
                      fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

fabricgarden, why do you delete them? What's your standard workflow for real ones? Because if you setup the abandon cart email, it will ignore these as they don't have an email on them...
                        Gonzalo Gil
                        3dCart Support
                        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I had to block all of Russia and Ukraine IP Blocks. We were getting flooded with abandon carts by bots - 100's a day. Recently Alibaba is becoming a concern as well. What bugs me is Google, MSN, Bing...... all seem to do it as well - on the same products over and over again. I understand maybe a couple times a month but everyday? It just feels like spam and unnecessary use of resources. FYI blocking Russia and Ukraine did help alot. Admin and our site have been really slow the last few weeks and it makes me wonder if this is why? Tickets are in and 3dcart says they are investigating, but how long does that take? 3 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                            I had to block all of Russia and Ukraine IP Blocks. We were getting flooded with abandon carts by bots - 100's a day. Recently Alibaba is becoming a concern as well. What bugs me is Google, MSN, Bing...... all seem to do it as well - on the same products over and over again. I understand maybe a couple times a month but everyday? It just feels like spam and unnecessary use of resources. FYI blocking Russia and Ukraine did help alot. Admin and our site have been really slow the last few weeks and it makes me wonder if this is why? Tickets are in and 3dcart says they are investigating, but how long does that take? 3 weeks?
                            Our admin page and website are extremely slow since the 9.1.3 update as well. I've tried blocking Russian ip ranges from https://www.ip2location.com/free/visitor-blocker but it doesn't seem to help.

Comment

At GonzaloGil - if they leave a real phone number - I may phone them to see if I can close the order - especially if they are a regular customer. Really this is an issue that was introduced recently.
                              Sue
                              Fabric Garden
                              fabricgarden.com.au

Comment

Working...
                              X