How to add images with v9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to add images with v9

We were just switched to v9 and I do not see an option to select a folder with the File Manager ..
    How in the word can you add images if you do not add the option to select a folder ??

FileManagerv9.png

'Browse Folders' does nothing and does not give the option to go to a sub-folder.

Am I missing something?

The "Browse Folders" link should open a popup with the folder list...the weird thing is that when you start, you are on /assets/images/ so you must have been able to select a folder since you are in the folder "files"....did the browse folders only work once and then it stop working for you?
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Sorry, not working at all, no.

First, if you click on Browse folder, it gives you the list of all folders but YOU CANNOT go to a sub-folder? Why?
      If you select a folder, you are stuck in it with no way to go to a sub-folder...
      It's something we could do in v7 or v8. Not in v9 .
      This is extremely inconvenient (quite frankly unusable) when you have 100s of sub-folders and 1000s of products like we do. (we create a new folders/subfolders for each product designer)

Second, new Folders or new images freshly created simply do not show ... Maybe it's waiting for the cache to be updated, I do not know
      So yesterday I uploaded new screenshots via FTP ... They do not show in the file manager. (but they show in FTP).

I had to edit the path manually.

edit: Yes after refreshing the cache manually, the screenshots finally show. but the sub-folder still doesn't show and still impossible to navigate to a specific sub-folder.
      Last edited by nicolas_t; 09-19-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

nicolas_t What web browser are you using? We find we get different results depending on the browser.
        Luxlife

Comment

When you click browse folders, it should look like this:

Capture.JPG

So if you want to go to a specific folder you can click the dropdown and go to it...

Note that you can search, it will search all folders automatically, so if you know the file name, that's the quickest way, no need to go to a folder first.

If you are not seeing this popup, that's an issue, we would need to troubleshoot your store, so please submit a ticket.

Second, if you are uploading files via FTP, the files wont show up here until the indexer finds them, you can make that process go quicker by going to the file manager and click Index files. If you upload files or entire folders via the web interface they are indexed as you upload them.
          Gonzalo Gil
          3dCart Support
          800-828-6650 x111

Comment

After you select a "main" folder in that dropdown you can NOT select any sub-folders inside that main folder.

Example: He has images uploaded to assets/images/computers/tablet, but you can only access assets/images/computers. There is no way to reach the 'tablet' folder after you select the assets/images/products folder.

Seems like this is the issue he's having.

Comment

The dropdown with folders is all folders, no matter what folder you are in, it should show all folders you have....so if the folder is missing there, that's an issue. I couldn't replicate that on a few stores i tested but certainly place a ticket if you are missing folders from that list...no matter what folder you are in, the list should show all folders, that way you can jump easily from any 1 folder to another.
              Gonzalo Gil
              3dCart Support
              800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post

Second, if you are uploading files via FTP, the files wont show up here until the indexer finds them, you can make that process go quicker by going to the file manager and click Index files.
                Yes, clicking on Index files does fix the issue, thanks for clarifying :)
                I was confused as to why they were not showing, even after a couple hours.

The ability to browse a sub-folder would still be nice: Something, we have no clue what the screenshots are named. They can be called screnshot13543.jpg for example, with not relationship to the product name. Being able to browse a sub-folder would ensure we get the right screenshots.

On a side note, the admin interface is a lot faster with v9 :) Good job there.

Comment

Working...
                X