Announcement

Collapse

Posting Rules

Posting Rules
This forum was created to help 3dcart users share tips on getting the best out of the service, offer knowledge and experiences about e-commerce in general, and to promote a positive environment in which our merchants can request/dispense advice regarding best practices.

The forum was not created for 3dcart users to submit requests for customer support. Any support related thread will be removed and a support ticket will be placed on your behalf. If you have technical difficulties please visit http://support.3dcart.com.

The 3dcart forum is also not intended to be a medium in which to express dissatisfaction about 3dcart's service, policies or its management and staff. Threads of this nature will also be removed from the forum. If a support issue with your 3dcart store was not resolved in a satisfactory manner; or if you feel that a particular 3dcart offering/policy is not to your liking, please let us know by emailing [email protected] so we can address your concerns directly.

Again, our purpose is to cultivate a positive learning environment for our merchants rather than platform in which to express grievances.

Very Important Rules:
* Never give away your store administration login/password in this forum.

Should you need technical help, please let 3dcart staff help.
Also, please be aware that 3dcart staff will NEVER need to ask for your 3dcart related passwords.

General Rules:
* While debate and discussion are acceptable, we will never tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
* Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) nonsensical posts, or similar postings.
* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.
* We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature.
* Please wait at least 24 hours before bumping posts.
* Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
* We also reserve the right to remove postings which are in violation of our specified posting rules
* Also, while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
* You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.
* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums are a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system, but will not be able to participate in the forum.
See more
See less

Upsell when product is added to cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RichiamOrganics
    replied
    Hi massagestore,

I think it is the perfect re-marketing/incentive tool.

As you said the customer is already in buying mode, and the perfect opportunity will be lost if you can't capture them right there. And as I said earlier, it is a great way to show them products that they may never realise you have, or new products that are very relevant to their purchase.

Unfortunately a lot of great ideas go to UV and die, because not many people visit this area. I didn't even Know it existed until someone mentioned it on the forums, which was over one year after I joined 3dcart.

It would be good to get more 3dcart store owners to see these UV ideas. I am sure many would vote for them, especially if they realise the great advantage it will give their store/business.

In April, I added a UV for "Buy X and Get X Free" which I have seen around quite alot - https://3dcart.uservoice.com/forums/...and-get-x-free.

This is perfect for many B2B, and recently discovered that it can also work great for B2C businesses. Unfortunately it only has 6 votes, and soon will be Declined to lack of interest.

Regards,

Richard

Leave a comment:

• massagestore
    replied
    Great idea RichiamOrganics and Erick ... I just voted in UV, and it would be great to see all kinds of different options. Free shipping is one... discounts are another... If the customer is in checkout, they are obviously close to buying and it is the right time to incentivize them to purchase more.

Leave a comment:

• RichiamOrganics
    replied
    Hey Erick,

I would love to see this too.

I have seen this on many other carts, and think it is a great way to upsell something to a client, especially when you have hundreds of products.

Its also a good way to introduce a new or relevant product to a customer.

I found this in the User Voice, so I voted for it. I think if more people visited the user voice and voted, some of these great and very necessary options would be added by 3dcart.

https://3dcart.uservoice.com/forums/...ndations-and-b

Regards,

Richard

Leave a comment:

• Erick
    started a topic Upsell when product is added to cart

Upsell when product is added to cart

Is there any way to do this:

Customer adds product A to cart.

Customer gets a popup saying "Hey if you add product B to cart we will give you free shipping on your whole order"

Customer adds product B to cart by clicking button in popup and gets free shipping on their whole order.
Working...
X