No announcement yet.

Sites not rendering correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a 301 redirect not sure it will work or for that matter how long it takes google to show this?? Plus I need that custom name to be working - 15 years is a long time - thanks for your help! frustrated since when I 1st called it was like "what did you touch"? Must have answered that question 5 times - they spoke to server admins, supervisor and every time kept asking me what I might have changed!

I just came in from outside working hives to find out a customer let us know this was happening. Never like to call support and they like to blame it one you. This is what is frustrating - told them I didn't touch a flipping thing to cause this issue. Now I have changed it so at least it works on our website but no one will find it now using a search engine.

Comment

Joe, I took out the custom file name per Shaun's (cart designer) suggestion and it then redirected it to that generic name you show - I have since changed it to pure_beeswax.html since no way for me to change custom url name back to beeswax.html since I get the pop up alert telling me I can't - see above pop up alert.

Basically custom url name beeswax.html used for 15 years stops working and redirects to generic 3dcart green page. Remove it completely and you would get c-7.html page you show above. So I then tried to type or paste beeswax.html back as custom file name and pop up alert that the url was already in use on our site.

I then have to change file name to pure_beeswax.html and page loads - however need custom url beeswax.html to work as all search engines for past 15 years have that url in top 5 rankings.

Something is prohibiting beeswax.html from loading - it's like it's stuck somewhere???? Beeswax.html was working up until 10:30am this am when the last order came in from that product page.

I need to be out working beehives not trying to figure out this issue.
      Last edited by ebeegirl; 05-13-2020, 03:44 PM.

Comment

ebeegirl I just checked and all seems right with the world now
        TheCartDesigner.com
        Not 3dcart Owned or Operated
        100% Independent 3dcart Expert

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

I am getting beeswax.html in all browsers
          TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

Think I just figured this out - when I took out our custom url beeswax.html and then tried to place it back into custom file name slot it was rejected. So it got me thinking to look for this file name someplace else. Now we've used 3dcart for many years and I finally stumbled upon "Top Menu Links" searched this area and found a couple older beeswax links. I ended up totally removing one old link and presto everything is working again. So it looks like this old page I would say from 7 or more years ago was conflicting with our website main beeswax product category.

So my best guess is some update happened today on the server and thus caused this conflict. It looks like I have everything working again. What an afternoon of burning brain cells!

Can someone else test this to make sure beeswax.html is what you are seeing on your end and page loads as the page https://www.ebeehoney.com/beeswax.html

Comment

I tested on 3 different computers and 5 Ip's uncached so you should be golden
              TheCartDesigner.com

Follow Us on Twitter

Comment

thanks time to go work the bees! This has been like this for 7 years at least as I don't even mess with top menu links anymore since site was designed. Crazy!!!!!

Comment

also top menu link I deleted has reappeared again - my best guess is this is a generic page created by 3dcart with the generic url for each product page??

Just totally guessing here as this is the page I deleted (I'll attached it), after I deleted this top menu link I then cleared google cache, tested webpage url with beeswax.html and webpage product url works again. For fun I go back to check "Top Menu Links" and same page is back? Who knows guessing these pages are created via 3dcart somehow.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ebeegirl View Post
                    only happeing to one product page - https://www.ebeehoney.com/beeswax.html which is one of our main products
                    I clicked the link and the page loaded fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X