No announcement yet.

Is Anyone Using the Admin Ajax feature?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anyone Using the Admin Ajax feature?

This feature was added in version 7.6 and has been in beta since.We are reluctant turn it on because some of the features that were added about that time caused some issues. If you are using it please share your experience. Does it work? Are there any problems?
    Luxlife

Just turn it on and try it. You can shut it back off if there is an issue, then report the issue. That's the whole point of "beta"

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBTI View Post
      Just turn it on and try it. You can shut it back off if there is an issue, then report the issue. That's the whole point of "beta"
      Thanks for sharing your amazing grasp for the obvious. Though you may find it difficult, do your best to think about your comment--besides the monumental lack of insight, it doesn't answer the question and neither is it useful.
      Luxlife

Comment

You asked if it works. You can simply turn it on to find out the answer rather than asking. Not difficult to do. Anyways good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBTI View Post
          You asked if it works. You can simply turn it on to find out the answer rather than asking. Not difficult to do. Anyways good luck to you.
          Rather than attempt answering the question or providing information, instead, like some pompous potentate wannabee wearing a gaudy crown, specifically designed for condescending (unopened Christmas gift, right?), you chance a debut in these forums playing a role starring as self-appointed thought regulator. Instead of adding value, you start a conflict offering ignorant arrogance and a lack of anything above simple thinking ability. Here it is, direct and dead simple; a Newsflash, a shocking Revelation, best you sit—this is a brain cell buster: WE WILL ASK ANY QUESTIONS WE WANT, SEEK ANSWERS AS WE PLEASE.

Humble Retraction: It was not accurate to say you have an "amazing grasp for the obvious." Without doubt, that is an obvious overstatement: your grasp is considerably less--were it more, considering you chose not to provide useful comments, you might have refrained from responding. Trust us--That is something "Not difficult to do."
          No, you couldn’t restrain yourself, no holding back the rude impulse to condescend, no stopping dismissive self-righteous high-mindedness from escaping, bursting through that thick skull, the damn for a dim-thinking brain, thoughtlessly surging into fidgety fingers more than a bit revved up eager for something to type (Or maybe your brain was there all along. Nah, yours is definitely just below the small of the back, dripping out the crack.)

Take the High Hat off.
          You don’t own these message boards.
          Your opinion, your judgement of what questions deserve asking has less value than an expired cornflakes coupon.

Much better than wishing you luck, get yourself a lobotomy—from surgeons who only perform beta lobotomies. Dismiss any forethought, knowledge or experience of anything going wrong because “if there is an issue, then report the issue. That's the whole point of "beta". If the surgeons are unable to remove non-functioning insight or at least the arrogance, including every cell that condescends, insist they remove the brain—the whole brain.

You and your useless comments are offensive.

Luxlife

Comment

Hey all,

Please, let's try to keep everything civil and let's also keep the language at a middle school rate, if you don't mind.
            (No, seriously, I had to look up potentate...)

:)

Luxlife, in answer to your question, I've used the ajax loader a few times and - to be honest - I don't notice that much of a difference. To be fair however, all of my test stores are just that - test stores. So I don't really have that much data for it to sort through and load. The one place I did notice a stark difference was when I go to my stores' Themes page. They seem to load up much quicker when Ajax is on. However, I'll be honest, it could just be a placebo effect given that my stores are small in comparison to real merchant stores.

Basically what the ajax loader does is it loads pages and elements on the back end rather than loading and reloading the pages every time you make changes and save. So it's more of a behind the scenes loading of the elements to make things a little more sped up. Turning it on or off shouldn't cause any issues like the ones found in version 7. I think turning it on and seeing if it does speed things up for you is fine and shouldn't cause any problems. And if you don't like it or notice any difference, turn it back off. It won't break anything.

Anyway, I hope this helps and please, let's all still try to be friendly on the forums.

Thanks!

Comment

Now that was funny. Thanks for the laugh.
              TheWrightStuff.com
              CaregiverProducts.com
              ArthritisSupplies.com

Comment

Working...
              X