Tax for Pick Up Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax for Pick Up Option

Hello! I have come across an issue in which I need to ensure tax is put on sales that use our "shipping option" for pick up. Currently the sales are not being taxed unless their billing address is within our state or they put in a different shipping address within our state. I have been fiddling around with files trying to get another choice under the shipping information tab that will autofill their shipping information as our address but I am not very adept at front end languages. Are there any better ideas for how to get this to work for me?

I'm also doing curbside pickup. Hadn't thought of that problem. Nothing would stop them from changing the address even if you could get javascript to enter it.

Comment

I noticed 3dcart is working on a new "In Store - Curbside" pickup feature, so I would assume this issue would be covered with this feature. Might be worth mentioning to 3d...

Comment

Yes, we are aware of this, and the way we are addressing this is if you select a location to pickup, it will set your shipping address to that, which will trigger any tax to be calculated the same as if you had a customer come into your store.
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
          Yes, we are aware of this, and the way we are addressing this is if you select a location to pickup, it will set your shipping address to that, which will trigger any tax to be calculated the same as if you had a customer come into your store.
          How exactly is that working? I have not found any option for this and while I was almost able to set this up myself, I was unable to figure out how to automatically set the drop down menu for the state. Again, very little front end programming experience.
          I have settled for making the customer input our store address in order to get the pick up option to appear. It works well enough, as long as they read the instructions.

Comment

@beeKeeperEllie this is a new module we are working on, we are on the testing stages, should be released soon!
            The module will let you specify which items are available for pickup, also if an item is ONLY available for pickup, in which case @ checkout that will be the only option. If an item is both available for shipping or pickup they will see both options.
            Here is a quick screenshot.

Capture.PNG

If they select "pickup" the shipping address will change to that address to handle taxes.
            ----------------------------
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Working...
            X