Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else having issues with the address validator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onering
    replied
    Gonzalo, We still haven't heard anything back on this. What is the current timeline for this fix? We are entering the busiest part of the year and it would be very preferable to not have to manually validate every shipping address.

Leave a comment:

• onering
    replied
    Gonzalo, is this still on track to be deployed this week?

Leave a comment:

• onering
    replied
    Thanks Gonzalo. Will this be the same address validation app or will it be different? (hopefully using UPS or FedEx's address database and not USPS).

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    @onering Yes, we are finishing development this week, we will test next week, and start deploying the following (Week of the 31st)

Leave a comment:

• onering
    replied
    Originally posted by GonzaloGil View Post
    @onering the vendor that provides this API changed it on us, without warning, so we are adapting it to the new standards or using a new provider, we are actively working on this.
    Gonzalo, are there any updates on this?

Leave a comment:

• onering
    replied
    ebeegirl - thank you for the response but we actually have this same capability with Shiprush. It does work well,. but for us to achieve fully automated order processing we really need to have the validation step performed before the order has been submitted by the customer.

Leave a comment:

• ebeegirl
    replied
    @onering we have never used an address validator and have never had and issues. Why?

We use shipstation to manage addresses as we have found them to be the best at validating down to apt./suite level. We have a shipping address that is a little unique and we have found when we shop online at some stores our actual physical address is denied since our street number ends in a number as many roads to in OH and the address validator simply does not let us proceed.

So we've never used an address validator and never will. Shipstation will pull the shipping info from 3dcart platform and will alert you if the address is not valid.

This rarely happens - sometimes in very rural areas where the folks use a po box and then their home is remote or rural. We might have 1 address correction charge from UPS per year based on many thousand shipments per year - in fact I can't remember the last time we had an address correction charge from UPS.

Leave a comment:

• GonzaloGil
    replied
    @onering the vendor that provides this API changed it on us, without warning, so we are adapting it to the new standards or using a new provider, we are actively working on this.

Leave a comment:

• onering
    started a topic Anyone else having issues with the address validator?

Anyone else having issues with the address validator?

The 3DCart address validator stopped working for us about 2 weeks ago. Anyone else having issues?

If you're not sure, check your abandoned carts for any that have made it to step 2 or 3 (I don't know if there is a way to tell on 1-pg checkout). If you are using multi-page checkout and there is an issue, you'll see the following error message under SHIPPING ERRORS

8/11/2020
    Address Validator
    The requested address validation service reached end-of-life status and is no longer available

I tested this myself by going through the cart checkout and entering gibberish for the address. The validator didn't didn't warn me or make any alternate suggestions.

I've submitted a support ticket, but it's been 2 weeks and tech support cannot seem to figure out the issue.
Working...
X