Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

issue with latest update - products w/ options not able to be added to shopping cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with latest update - products w/ options not able to be added to shopping cart

Another major issue for folks using option sets with new version.

I need to put a ticket into system.

We have products that will have multiple options (ie container type and then type of honey) - I will attach .jpgs of what is now happening. If I hide say the options for "container type" and only show "type of honey" the item can not be added to the shopping cart at all. Click on add to cart and all that shows in shopping cart is nothing and the word "items".

Doesn't matter what I put as options - if we have more than 1 set of options available and make 1 set hidden since out of season, etc. the system simply does not work.

Have used 3dcart for years and have always had multiple option sets for our products. I then had to go into the system and delete multiple options that were hidden for products. This then means when we have those options available I will then have to go into each product and create those option sets again each time I need to use them which is multiple times per year.

So basically if an option set is "hidden" from view - it makes the item folks are trying to buy impossible to add to the cart. I will attach .jpgs to show you.

Very frustrated when updates happen and our stores are negatively impacted financially - caught this issue when a customer called to let us know.

I have since removed all options from products that were hidden so items can be placed into the shopping cart. Check your products that have options and if you have some hidden the product can not be added to the shopping cart.

I will attach .jpgs. 1st picture shows shopping cart when trying to add product to cart (absolutely nothing is added to cart) - product does not add at all and only words "items" are shown. - 2nd picture will show options which are hidden and 3rd picture shows product.

I have since removed all options on products that were hidden so products with multiple option sets can be added to the cart. This seems to only be caused when 1 option set is hidden. Have products with multiple option sets and currently looking at those. Could be more issues with this - have no idea just know I have now had to remove all product with multiple products options that were hidden so items can be added to cart and bought.

Scrambling around packing orders and finding major flaws in update - I am not happy this week.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.
    Last edited by ebeegirl; 10-14-2020, 04:48 PM.

Looks like perhaps you've marked an option as REQUIRED, but then hide all the options for selection, therefore you can't add to cart, because the option Container is required, but none was selected.
    If you don't need container to be required, remove that requirement from the option itself, and then it will let you add to cart...or, remove the option all together,
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Gonzalo - if I take this product https://www.ebeehoney.com/raw_wildfl...ey_gallon.html and totally hide the options for "container type" (wide mouth and narrow mouth) so not required at all so only options shown would be "liquid" or "crystallized" since options for wide mouth and narrow mouth are hidden - impossible to add to cart - try it.

Go into our admin - hide the container type both "narrow mouth" and "wide mouth" and try to add product to cart.

You are currently viewing it since I have tweaked it to work since this product still has both option sets available. If I simply hide one option set "container type" it does not work! Please try what I state and you will see - major issue with update.

Item number is 407 so you can yourself test it to see issue - I do realize error shown when someone tries to add crystallized honey into a narrow mouth container - this is not what I am trying to explain. Go into our admin - take product 407 hide options for container type so both are hidden. Then go to website and try to add it to the shopping cart.
      Last edited by ebeegirl; 10-14-2020, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I will reply to you via private message, as i want to share a screenshot with you.
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

thanks - please do as I mentioned - and you will replicate the issue.

Comment

Please see the message i sent along with screenshot, if removing the "required" does not resolve the issue, let me know!
            Gonzalo Gil
            3dCart Support
            800-828-6650 x111

Comment

it does not remove the issue - I sent you message as well.

Comment

Hiding an option from an option group that has it marked "REQUIRED" does not make it no longer required. The required flag is per option type, not per option, therefore, hiding all options, but keeping the main option required will cause exactly what you are seeing. If you remove the checkbox i sent you the screenshot of, then it will work, because the option is no longer required, so no selection must be made in order to add to cart.

If you make an option group required, the software will need an option, if you hide them all, it wont get any, and therefore can't add to cart.

In fact, it makes no sense to make an option group required, then, not add options or hide them all, just don't add that option group.

The same would occur if you add an option group ie. "COLOR" and make it required, but not add any colors, during validation at add-to-cart, it will be expecting a color and since none is passed it will fail to add to cart.
                Gonzalo Gil
                3dCart Support
                800-828-6650 x111

Comment

Please try what I asked in the private message - if you uncheck the "REQUIRED" box and hide the options - you will see what happens when you try to add product to shopping cart. So options are hidden and not required since box is unchecked. You can easily replicate this issue using product code I stated. Has nothing to do with "REQUIRED" box as I have unchecked that to test. Right now it is checked since that item is still active on our website. Please uncheck the "REQUIRED" box, hide option set and then try to add product to shopping cart.

Not sure how much clearer I can make this - the product is still active so all you see is "required" option checked. I am asking you to go into our admin uncheck the REQUIRED box, hide the options and you state then it should work - it does not.

Please test it out. This product is currently active and has 2 option sets "container type" and "type of honey" so you can test it out - I have removed this on other products so trying to show you issue. Please test it out! Hide option set - uncheck required box and see what happens when you try to add it to the shopping cart. Thanks!
                  Last edited by ebeegirl; 10-14-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X