Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Human vs Bot Traffic

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Human vs Bot Traffic

    Is this amazing or what - WHY?
    Cloudflare’s Bot Management product analyzes and scores every request on our network to determine the likelihood the request came from a bot or a human.

    In the previous month, 37% of caoh.com traffic was human. The rest — 63% — is automated.

    This is a more detailed breakdown of how requests were distributed in the previous month:
    caoh.com
    51%
    Percent of traffic definitely automated
    12%
    Percent of traffic likely automated
    37%
    Percent of traffic likely human
    Not all automated traffic is created equal. Some bots, like Google Search Engine or API requests, are good.

    But some bots are bad: they can impact infrastructure leading to poor user experience and increased network and CDN costs.

    Top bot attacks include:

  • #2
    It depends on your total amount of traffic. Bots like google will crawl every page on your site whereas humans just look at a few. If you don't have a huge amount of traffic, having each bot crawl your site daily can easily lead percentages like this.

    Comment

    Working...
    X