No announcement yet.

Confusing Credit Card Error Message on 3dcart websites could lead to sales loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusing Credit Card Error Message on 3dcart websites could lead to sales loss

I have found that on both of my 3dcart websites plus one of yours, if a customer enters an invalid card number, they will receive an error message that says "please enter a card number." It doesn't tell them to enter a valid card number. It seems likely that this message would lead users to be confused and prevent a fair amount of orders from being completed. This is not the error message which is located in the system messages area of the admin (which allows us to change the message). I have a ticket open but sometimes people have to be persistent in order to get issues resolved and multiple reports do help the process along so I wanted to post about this and let everyone follow up with support if they feel that this is important.

Probably related to the cc encryption they added, which appears to be causing many issues.

Another common issue reported is that the cc input field will be missing. Unfortunately I can't replicate this, but its been reported by multiple customers.

Comment

They changed the message to "please enter a valid credit card number" so all good now.

Comment

Working...
      X