Promotions (coupons) not working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotions (coupons) not working correctly

As I sit on hold (position 15 in queue, so seems like I have time to ask everyone here) -- anyone else having issues with promotions / discounts?

One order customer applied a 10% coupon code, got a 20% discount. Not sure how that happens!

One order customer qualified for an automatic 5% discount (no coupon code is required for this; it's based on spend amount...we've had this in place for close to a decade), their order shows a discount of $70 and change, but they paid the exact amount of their subtotal (i.e., the 5% discount showed as a discount on their order confirmation, but did not reduce their Grand Total at all, and they paid the full amount so now we'll have to manually refund them for the discount that they should have received).

I'm really starting to dread the "Your Store has been upgraded to Version X" emails when I see them in my inbox -- it seems like more often than not, that just means something else will be broken (many of which worked for years before said update was implemented).

Oh, position 13 in queue now, making progress...

I'm with you on the upgrades - every time we get an upgrade email!

Comment

Originally posted by ebeegirl View Post
      I'm with you on the upgrades - every time we get an upgrade email!
      I don't know what happened. We've been with 3DCart since 2009 (or 2010) and besides the occasional issue here-and-there, everything overall was fine. Lately though, it's been an absolute MESS, and it's become a full time job just keeping up with logging support tickets and trying to get whatever they broke fixed. I'm not sure how much longer I can stand this nonsense.

Comment

Thanks for posting. I have 4 orders in the last 2 days where there $5 coupon doubled to $10.
        Rod
        www.Bead3.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
          Thanks for posting. I have 4 orders in the last 2 days where there $5 coupon doubled to $10.
          We only had a doubling of the discount happen 1 time (thankfully), the issue that we had much more often was that it would show the discount during checkout, but the Grand Total did not reflect the discount...and so the full price ended up being paid.

For example, at checkout it would show a customer:

Subtotal: $100.00
          Discount: ($5.00)
          Shipping: $0.00
          -------------------------

Here is where the Grand Total should have been $95.00 after that $5.00 discount is applied, but instead, it was doing the following:

Subtotal: $100.00
          Discount: ($5.00)
          Shipping: $0.00
          -------------------------
          Grand Total: $100.00

In any case, I put in a support ticket and this was fixed on our website late afternoon yesterday (so far it's back to working as expected...hopefully I didn't jinx it). I assume that you've also put in a ticket, and I hope it's resolved for you quickly!

Comment

I just received a response that says 3dcart has corrected the promotions from doubling. Hopefully it is fixed!
            Rod
            www.Bead3.com

Comment

Working...
            X