Customers can't checkout with iphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customers can't checkout with iphone

We have tested this and our customers can't checkout with an iphone. We have received several calls. Android and pc with Chrome work. We reverted back to the original checkout page v1 and v2 and still nothing. 3Dcart has not replied in over 24 hours. Shaun at www.thecartdesigner.com has been trying to help and I appreciate that!

Anyone else having trouble with iphone?

I've found that the best way to get something done quickly with 3dcart is to call them on the phone. What error are you seeing?

Comment

Originally posted by bzeltzer View Post
      I've found that the best way to get something done quickly with 3dcart is to call them on the phone. What error are you seeing?
      Nothing happens. No error message at all. The checkout button changes color and the page does not process anything. It works fine on Android phones and desktop pc with Chrome. Support replied they don't see a problem. I am losing orders.

UPDATE: Support now sees the problem. Waiting for resolution.
      Last edited by discpb; 11-19-2020, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I tested this on my store with an iphone and had no problem. I use the default core checkout. I'm not sure if you're using a modified checkout template but if so, a quick fix would be to rename your custom template file with the word "old" before it and your store will revert to using the template in your common folder.

Comment

Originally posted by bzeltzer View Post
          I tested this on my store with an iphone and had no problem. I use the default core checkout. I'm not sure if you're using a modified checkout template but if so, a quick fix would be to rename your custom template file with the word "old" before it and your store will revert to using the template in your common folder.
          I am not using a core template and found out that is my problem. Support still has not told me that. Now I am rushing to switch to a core template. I appreciate your input. Thank you!

Comment

discpb I've noticed some strangeness with orders at checkout with our store too and I am wondering if this is the cause. The store version was just updated to 10.3.5 recently. We are also not on a Core template yet and are not going to attempt to swap during the holiday season. I'll probably work on it early next year since it is just me doing everything. I do not have an I-phone to test this issue out though. Can you post when support resolves this? In the meantime I will attempt to find a friend with an i-phone and see if we are affected as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Danab View Post
              discpb I've noticed some strangeness with orders at checkout with our store too and I am wondering if this is the cause. The store version was just updated to 10.3.5 recently. We are also not on a Core template yet and are not going to attempt to swap during the holiday season. I'll probably work on it early next year since it is just me doing everything. I do not have an I-phone to test this issue out though. Can you post when support resolves this? In the meantime I will attempt to find a friend with an i-phone and see if we are affected as well.
              Check this out - I did not own an iphone but an employee here did and I saw the checkout not work. I waited for tech support to get back to me but they had no answers. I tried an un-modified checkout page, V1 and V2 but no luck. We had customers calling that could not check out and each one had an iphone. So on Sunday (my only day off) I went to Best Buy and tried to place an order using one of their live iphones. I could not complete the check out. Then right in the store I changed my template to a new core theme, cleared the cache, an went back to the same iphone. BAM! the checkout worked. Support never resolved it, I did.

What caused it? I have no clue. I just wished tech support would have said, "Hey try a core theme" or something. I can't be the first one who had this problem.

Comment

Yes 10.3.5 is turning out to be a winner! Rolled out right before the busiest time of the year with major issues, and apparently enough of them that tech and development are overwhelmed and cannot get to the fixes...... But hey.....we have code lock! Newsflash, usually you do code lock when things are stable and far enough in advance of the busiest season to make sure things ARE stable. I digress......

Comment

Working...
                X