Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Checkout Orders Showing up in New Orders

Hi everyone,

I just added and enabled Google Checkout on one of our sites and received our first order using this payment option today. I received notification from Google Checkout, but the order was not recorded in 3dcart. I think I read that others have experienced this same problem. I guess the customer is not being redirected back to the store to complete the ordering process.

How do you all handle this as far as getting the order recorded in 3dcart? Do you just duplicate the order in the Admin Panel? But even doing this, I'm not sure how to handle payment except setup a gift certificate or discount or something.

Thanks for any input or advice.

Possibly a dumb answer, but it has taken several hours for the second part to show up in our system. E.G. we get the Google notification, but the actual order comes much, much later.

Sometimes it is only a few minutes.

DaveW

Comment

Hopefully we'll have the same experience. Just seems strange for it to take so long. I wonder why this is the case.

But anyway, thanks for your reply.

Comment

Please post back and let us know if it shows up. We are considering enabling G Checkout and I have been watching these threads about problems/bugs with 3DC and G Checkout.

Comment

Glancing over Google orders, I see that at best, it is a 15 minute delay between the Google notice and the 3d one. Sometimes, it has been as long as 6-8 hours. I don't know if it is on Google's end or 3d's. It really doesn't effect us too much, so I haven't worried about it.

Google checkout is very popular with our customers. I don't know if it is becuase the button is so prominent or what, but we haven't gotten any complaints and the Adwords credit is saving us between $50-150 per month in processing fees.

DaveW

Comment

Just a quick update. I received the original order email from Google Checkout at 3:40 pm yesterday afternoon and I still haven't received notification (via a New Order email or under New Orders in the Admin Panel) from 3dcart. Although, I did see the order under incomplete orders in the Admin Panel (without shipping). So apparently Google is not redirecting the customer back to the store so that the order is recorded as an actual sale in 3dcart.

I'm pretty sure I checked a box on the signup screen in Google Checkout to enable email notification from them upon receiving a new order...

...just a thought if anyone decides to add Google Checkout before this issue is resolved. I hate to think what would have happened had I not checked this box. But then again, maybe this is just an issue with my site.

On another note: I know there was another post about Google Checkout not adding shipping - the correct shipping amount was added to this order.

I'm going to submit a support ticket and will post back with any additional updates.

Comment

I received a response from 3dcart support stating that there is likely a problem with the call back URL that I specified in Google Checkout.

Everything looked fine when I checked it out... until I noticed a period at the end of the URL. I'm assuming this is the problem - especially since no one else reported a problem with not getting order emails. I guess I'll find out with my next Google Checkout order.

So, sorry for any confusion.

For anyone thinking about adding Google Checkout - it was super easy to activate...if you don't count inadvertently adding periods and other random characters where they don't belong :o

Comment

Thanks for all of the posts back with updates.

Comment

When an order is processed with google it is automatically given an order number in the 3dcart system and is put into a hold status. Google also sends a order notification. The order on our end actually shows up in our "Hold" status for order in 3dcart. (when you first get a google email look up the order number to see where it goes in your admin).

It stays in this folder until google does all of the checks and verifies the payment is valid and information correct . Sometimes 15 minutes others times a bit longer.

As soon as google approves it then the order is automatically moved to the new order status.

Comment

Google Checkout has a "cancel this order" button that allows the customer 15 minutes to cancel an order before it is moved from 'Hold" status to "new order" status. Sometimes there is a longer delay for the order to go through, as new GC customers are verified and approved before the order is completed as a 'new" order.

Comment

You have to be careful. When we first started google checkout I packed an order based on the google order email. I was thinking how great i was to ship their order 5 minutes after they ordered it. Only to have them cancel the order. At least it was a small order.
                      Djangle

Comment

Howdy all!

We, too, recently enabled Google Checkout at Frik-n-Frak.com and just received our first GCO order today! Took almost exactly 15 minutes for the order to move from "On Hold" to 'New" and 3DC notices to be sent.

Anyhow...

A couple-o-questions for you GCO geeks... Does 3DC generated correspondence make it through to the google generated customer email addresses? The customers email address in this GCO order is [email protected]. So, do all of our order status emails make it to the customer?

Also, is there any need to change the status of the order at the GCO order process screen? Or, when the order is updated to "shipped" at 3dc store manager, does it update google?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Thanks all!

~Fr*k

Comment

Originally posted by www.frik-n-frak.com View Post
                          Does 3DC generated correspondence make it through to the google generated customer email addresses? The customers email address in this GCO order is [email protected]. So, do all of our order status emails make it to the customer?

Also, is there any need to change the status of the order at the GCO order process screen? Or, when the order is updated to "shipped" at 3dc store manager, does it update google?

Inquiring minds wanna know!

Thanks all!

~Fr*k

I've contacted customers through Outlook Express to their GCO email and from what I remember it's worked fine. I'm pretty sure all of the order status emails make it to the customer. Never had anyone complain that they didn't receive the info.

And from my experience, there is no need to change the order status in the GCO process - it's all updated from 3dcart and automatically communicated to Google Checkout.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Sure 'nuff! The 3dcart store manager udates google and our customer received all our cheesy form letters as their order status updated!

...pretty darn cool!

Thanks for the quick reply and great information, ScribeTime!

-bc

Comment

more google checkout issues

1. 3d sends 2 merchant notice with each order.
                              2. 3d is not capatbile with distributor notices, which is a problem for me.
                              3. orders are sent to hold or automatically to shipped, even though we need 3 days to engrave.

is it worth the pain? Do your really think it will increase sales?
                              Ray

Giftpens.com
                              AT Cross Personalized Pens

Comment

Working...
                              X