Admin Panel timing out - forces me to log in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Panel timing out - forces me to log in

In the past I could log into my Admin Panel and leave it open all day. I just got back from a week of vacation and now when I log in, if I don't use the Admin Panel for a very few minutes - then it forces me to log in again when I try to access it.

This is very annoying as the time seems to be very short.

I submitted a support ticket but they closed it and said it must be something on my end.

Anyone have any ideas - do you have to log in again after only a few minutes?

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I accessed my Admin Panel from my laptop while I was on vacation???

thanks
    Carla Ekman
    Cobweb Corner
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Carla,
    Is it kicking you out while you are working? Or, are you walking away (or doing something else) for a while then when you come back its logging you off?

Looks like it may be a session expiration issue, which should not happen if you are using the system....please let me know.
    ----------------------------
    Gonzalo Gil
    3dCart Support
    800-828-6650 x111

Comment

It is definitely when I haven't used it for a few minutes, not while I'm in the process of using it.

The thing is - it never did this before, and seems to occur after only 3-5 minutes of no activity. So I'm 're-logging' on many times a day.

Any ideas are appreciated.
      Thanks
      Carla
      C Ekman

Comment

ok...then its most likely the session expiring. However, the session expires after 20 minutes of no use. So, if it is expiring within 5 minutes, then we should look into your account and see what's the problem. Can you confirm that its 4/5 minutes? or, perhaps its more like 20 minutes?
        ----------------------------
        Gonzalo Gil
        3dCart Support
        800-828-6650 x111

Comment

I used to be able to leave it open all day also, and now have to log back in. Not a problem for me, but it is different than it was about a week ago.

Comment

I noticed the same thing today. The system never timed out on me before. It actually makes sense (after an extended period of time). I'll have to note whether it's occurring after 3-5 minutes or 20 minutes, but the time did seem pretty short.

Comment

also noticed this

sessions used to last a very long time, now they expire much more quickly and this really decreases productivity.

Comment

Agreed! The time is much too short! 20 - 25 minutes is acceptable but ours is in the 2-3 minute range.

From what I understand, this is something new(ish) and/or recently modified. Rumor has it that a tweak is on the way and should be in place tomorrow - Tuesday (6/17). ???

~fr*k

Comment

I'm having the same exact issue. It even happened while I was checking a customer out and we had to start all over entering her card/address etc. I was very embarrassed. Mine is logging out within the 2-4 minute window and has never done that before.

I opened a ticket yesterday as well and was told the same thing that it was fine on 3dcarts facility. I think with this many people having the same issue something might have changed???

Comment

It seems to be better for me today. Anyone else seeing an improvement?

Carla Ekman
                    Cobweb Corner
                    C Ekman

Comment

Not for me yet but I did receive a response from them. They know the issue and how to fix and they expect it to be fixed this afternoon.

Comment

That's good. As soon as I saw the number of reponses to this thread I knew that something must have changed and they would look into it more. Thanks for the update.

Carla Ekman
                        Cobweb Corner
                        C Ekman

Comment

We have the same timing out issue.

The admin started timing out on us a couple of days ago. It seems to be about 4 or 5 minutes.
                          Luxlife

Comment

now it's happening to me and it's extremely inconvenient. I hope this gets fixed soon!

Comment

Make sure to let them know it's happening to you - I think that will help. Some parts of the day I think it's fixed - then it feels like I'm logging in all of the time again. Wonder if they are implementing some changes and we're the testers?? I've had other wierd things happening too and am reporting them. Most are getting fixed very quickly.
                              C Ekman

Comment

Working...
                              X