Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3dcart vs Volusion

Anyone have both?
    I've had a 3dcart for about 20 months and need to open another store for a different product line. Anyone comment on 3D / Volusion comparison???

Thanks

Tried to do a bit of a search to obtain some feedback for you. But, the majority of what I'm finding is related to those switching from "V" to 3dcart - vs. the other way around. ...nuff said for me! ;)

~fr*k

Comment

we tried volusion for a minute, but retracted quickly when we noticed how they determine "products". If you have 1 shirt, but 4 sizes, that counts as 4 products... we quickly went over our cap, and didn't want to pay more.

I did however really like all the options, (almost too many options kind of made the back end seem bogged down) of volusion. It was a breeze to set up, and we had access to pretty much any file if I can remember correctly. And you could print shipping labels from the cpanel...

I am happy here.. a few annoyances, but overall a decent experience.

Comment

Volusion was a nightmare for us. We just left them after about 8 months. Their cart is VERY rigid. You don't have access to most page code, you can't change the product page off their template, and their tech support is best described as dreadful. When we finally left, we still had 5 outstanding support tickets, one which had been open for 154 days.

Comment

15 hrs

yeah we found volusion briefly before 3dcart
          volusion was not the solution for our product
          options
          steve

Comment

We were a Volusion customer for many years.

Since leaving Rackspace they went very quickly downhill. High downtime, lost emails, slow site, expensive design services.
            We'd put a lot of money into a custom design & still had to pull the plug and move.

They're a waste of money...and time.

Try and get access to their customer forum. Then you could really see what the product's like.

Flippin' awful.

Comment

Add me to the list of users who have left (or are in the process of leaving) Volusion in favor of 3dCart. A nod in Len's direction regarding the incredible slowness and unanticipated downtimes since Volusion left Rackspace hosting over a year ago. I am frantically working to get my store up and running BEFORE the big holiday shopping push. I've lost a huge amount of business due to the slowness of my Volusion store. I want to be gone from Volusion as soon as possible.

Comment

I did a trial with them and quickly dismissed them due to a difficult user interface and documentation that didn't match the actual software. They said the software was new and docs hadn't caught up, but the software wasn't that new!

Comment

Originally posted by tshirtlaundry View Post
                  Volusion was a nightmare for us. We just left them after about 8 months. Their cart is VERY rigid. You don't have access to most page code, you can't change the product page off their template, and their tech support is best described as dreadful. When we finally left, we still had 5 outstanding support tickets, one which had been open for 154 days.
                  I hold the record for an unanswered ticket with Volusion. I opened a ticket on 7/31/2007 and it was answered/closed on 9/14/2010. 3+ years!

Comment

Working...
                  X