Emails to me delayed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emails to me delayed

It appears that emails sent to me by my cart and by customers/friends are being delayed - sometimes many hours or even days. (this is for my 3DCart email)

For example in the last couple of hours I've had two new orders - but haven't received my New Order emails yet.

Also - a friend called me and told me that when she emails me it sometimes takes a day or two for the email to get to me - she said she gets a message that says - Email delayed don't resend will try again.

She sent me an email yesterday and I still haven't received it - but she has not gotten any indication that it wasn't actually delivered.

I have checked my web email program and Outlook Express both.

I did do a test and sent myself an email from a personal email account - I did get it - but it took about 20 minutes.

I don't mind a delay of 20 minutes - but hours or days is a little bothersome.

Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas what might be the cause?

TIA
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

We aren't having that problem, but were unable to send any emails at all the day before yesterday--could receive them fine, but had an error every time I tried to send one from my domain mail account. All of my other accounts had no problems at all (roadrunner). I did submit a ticket, but the next morning, before they could really act on it, the email was working fine. No problems since.

Comment

Thanks rrw

I did get my two emails from my two new orders. It took around 1 hour - not two hours. More curious if there's anything I can do on my end? I still haven't received the email from my friend - but that could be a problem on her end too??

Thanks
      C Ekman

Comment

More than likely, there is a resource hog on your email server? This is not something that 3dcart can foresee with any reliability. Typically, the delay will resolve itself. However, I would definitely submit a ticket! They should be able to check the status of your email server and advise you if it's something that time will heal or if they need to apply some other fix.

~fr*k

Comment

Thanks Frik-n-Frak - Support seems hesitant to help with my email related tickets - but if it keeps up I'll definitely submit a ticket. This may be a completely different issue than I've had in the past.

I still haven't received my email from my friend - I'm going to try to contact her and see if she ever got a message saying my email was undeliverable rather than just delayed.

I'm getting the same "Delayed" message whenever I send emails to someone with a comcast.com or rr.com email address. After hours I get an email back saying the message to the customer was delayed, don't resend. It only seems to be with Comcast.com and rr.com customers though - so not sure if that is me or not.

Thanks again for any info - I'm interested if anyone else is experiencing this?
          C Ekman

Comment

ya - i made a newsletter, sent a test, and it still hasn't got to me yet...

Comment

Originally posted by www.frik-n-frak.com View Post
              More than likely, there is a resource hog on your email server?
              ~fr*k
              wait... if its notification emails, isn't it all on the 3dcart email server to send these out?

Comment

Anybody else having newsletter issues

Still cant send tests of my newsletter to myself? Anybody else with similar issues?

Comment

My issue on this seems to have resolved itself, I still get some delays - but not as long. I never did get the email from my friend mentioned in my first post.
                  C Ekman

Comment

Working...
                  X