Producing an Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Producing an Invoice

Several of our cusomers like to have an invoice emailed to them. The 3dcartinvoice just wont do in some situations. I created an M$ .doc but is there a way to create an offline invoice in 3dcart?

Hey Mark!

Check the appropriate sub-directory of your "templates" folder for the packing_print.html and the invoice_print.html files. These can be modified to create the look and feel you want. Then, simply print to .pdf and email it off.

~fr*k

Comment

Thanks.
      How do you "print to pdf" ? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        Thanks.
        How do you "print to pdf" ? :confused:
        You can either pay for a full featured solution such as Adobe Acrobat or go with a free solution such as DoPDF or CutePDF. All of these allow you to select a PDF output as the printer from your printer dialogue. DoPDF is a bit easier to install since CutePDF requires two files be installed instead of the one for DoPDF, but I had some problems recently with DoPDF when I installed on a new Vista machine and Cute PDF worked with no problem. There are likely other solutions out there as well that are free or for purchase but I use Adobe Acrobat on my main computer and the free ones when I have the need on another machine.

Comment

Okay. Thanks. Works well.
          Only problem is, the "print" functionality produces an html page, which then prints from a browser window. This prints the file name and directory name and all that at the bottom. How do I eliminate that? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Okay. Thanks. Works well.
            Only problem is, the "print" functionality produces an html page, which then prints from a browser window. This prints the file name and directory name and all that at the bottom. How do I eliminate that? :confused:
            This is a setting in your browser and would depend slightly on which browser you are using (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.).

In IE 7 go to File -> Page Setup and delete what is in the header and footer field.

I still don't understand why the browsers don't default to blank header and footer for printing. I always turn this off.

Comment

Working...
            X