Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product options config question

Hopefully some of you folks can help me out with this one:

Is there a way to construct an if..then type of deal for any particular product with multiple options?

For example:
    I'm selling a car
    It comes in red and blue.
    I have custom wheels that come in black and white

But only white wheels are available in a blue car, but black wheels are available in a red and/or blue car.

Basically I don't want the second set of drop down options to propagate until the 1st dropdown option item is selected.

Is this possible with 3dcart?

thanks in advance (hopefully)

Steve

I don't believe you can do that with the current 3DC build, but it should be relatively simple with some custom programming.

Alternatively, if your example scenario is close to the real thing you could just list the combinations in a drop-down:

Example:
    Blue Car with White Wheels
    Blue Car with Black Wheels
    Red Car with Black Wheels

This works for the simple example you gave, but can quickly become cumbersom with many permutations.

Comment

yeah i thought of that, but i have way too many permutations...

Originally posted by mueller View Post
      I don't believe you can do that with the current 3DC build, but it should be relatively simple with some custom programming.

Alternatively, if your example scenario is close to the real thing you could just list the combinations in a drop-down:

Example:
      Blue Car with White Wheels
      Blue Car with Black Wheels
      Red Car with Black Wheels

This works for the simple example you gave, but can quickly become cumbersom with many permutations.

Comment

In that case I imagine some custom programming utilizing java would do the trick, but you may not want to jump on it before the release is out...

Comment

Working...
        X