In-Stock quantities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Stock quantities

Changing wording of out of stock message?
    Anyone know where the Out of Stock wording is? I'd like to change it. For example, if someone orders more than you have in stock, the message is something like: "not available with the options you selected". This makes sense if you order blue, and blue is no longer avail, but, if it's because the number in stock is not available it is confusing. In addition, there is no way to know how to fix it. It's trial and error trying to find out actually the max number that you have in stock. Any way to show the in-stock qty? And, if there is a way to show in-stock qty, can you display the in-stock qty of each option?

Yes there is a way to show the actual number you have in your inventory. I did it for my clearance items as the quantities are very limited and I want people to consider buying all of it instead of just leaving me with a few (like if they were originally thinking they wanted 25 invites, but saw that the quantity available was 30...they might just say to hell with it and buy all 30).

Here's a link to one of my clearance items. http://www.invitingwaysonline.com/St...K_p_31-93.html Look at the top right area next to the main product image...you'll see "Availability - 34) or something like that. I can't remember if i did this myself or had to get the help of support, but I'm not a pro at any of this so I got a lot of help from support on many things. Maybe if you look at my source code you can see how I did it and then do the same for yourself.

HOpe that helped a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Inviting Ways View Post
      Maybe if you look at my source code you can see how I did it and then do the same for yourself.
      You will have to copy the code and paste it here since the source would have the tag(s) replaced on the rendered page.

Comment

Is this it?

</tr>
        <tr>

<td valign="top">
        <table width="38%" border=0 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">

<!--START: product_availability-->
        <tr>
        <td class="price-info" width="45%"><b>Availability:</b></td>
        <td align="right" class="price-info"><div id="availability">&nbsp;34</div></td></tr>
        <!--START: waitinglist--><!--END: waitinglist-->

<!--END: product_availability-->

:confused:

Comment

Here it is. It looks like the important piece is the "[stock]" part.

Code:
          <!--START: product_availability-->
           <tr>
             <td class="price-info" width="45%"><b>[product_Header-availability]</b></td>
             <td align="right" class="price-info"><div id="availability"> [stock]</div></td></tr>
          <!--START: waitinglist-->
          	<tr><td height="2" colspan="2"></td></tr>
          	<tr>
          	<td class="item" align="left" colspan="2"><input type="button" value="Put me on the Waiting List" class="btn" onClick="javascript:window.open('notify.asp?catalogid=[catalogid]','popup','height=320,width=420,location=no,' + 'scrollbars=no,menubars=no,toolbars=no,resizable=yes');" /></td>
          	</tr>
          	<tr><td height="2" colspan="2"></td></tr>
          <!--END: waitinglist-->

<!--END: product_availability-->

Comment

Okay, thanks. The previous poster was right, the tags are already rendered if we do a view source on your website.

Comment

All you have to do is add [stock] in Product Availability-instock in Settings/Design/Store Language. That's all I did.

Comment

Thanks for that great tip!

Comment

Originally posted by Blurbings View Post
                  All you have to do is add [stock] in Product Availability-instock in Settings/Design/Store Language. That's all I did.
                  Great Tip! Took me less than a minute and I've been wanting to do that for weeks! Thanks for the tip.
                  C Ekman
                  Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
                  http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

What if a product has different options? The "Availability" indicates a products total quantity in stock. It doesn't adjust when a different option is chosen, e.g. if I have 10 blue and 3 red in stock, the "Availability" will show as13, and if I choose the option red, the "Availability" will still show 13 not 3.

Comment

That's the same problem I had so I had to stop using the [stock] variable.
                      We would need a option-stock variable or something that listed the stock of the 'specific' item.

Comment

would like to use this. Show stock available per option.
                        Apparently, the advanced option "features" wont allow this. :(
                        Unfortunately, if you use "advanced options" you could be looking for trouble...folks can't figure out how many are available of the option selected.

Comment

I had that feature added via custom programming. Don't remember how much it was, but it wasn't that expensive as I recall.

Comment

I would think it should work without custom programming. It's a configurable item in the product properties page.

Comment

Working...
                            X