Add Review Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Review Function

How/where can I edit the 'Add Review' area? I'd like to remove some fields like 'Location' and 'Title'. I'd also like to make it so that none of the fields are required. In other words, I don't want people to have to leave their email address to post a product review, and I would also like people to have the ability to just leave a 'Star' rating without typing an actual review if they'd like.

Thanks.

Great suggestions! Hope someone responds - I would love to do some of the same things. When I tried testing the review I thought TITLE meant - JOB TITLE - I was so confused (obviously) I would just like to change the label to Review Title. Also don't want the fields to be required.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

yeah, that's what I thought when I saw 'title' as well.

Comment

I contacted tech support and they said there is no way to change the Review page or functionality.

Comment

that's not good, I agree with both of the above posts. Also, does anyone know if there's a automatic review request email that we can send out, with a clidk of a button? So basically, after a purchase is completed, we can email the customer to request a product review? Anyone know if this is possible?

TIA
          (¯`v´¯)
          `*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•
          * P£†®ª *

Shadow Trailers
          www.TrailerandTruckParts.com
          www.Trailer-Wheels.com
          www.iTrailerParts.com

Comment

Bummer - I was hoping I was missing something. Maybe there will be updates in the new release??

I would love to have a professional way to ask for reviews, but I also want to use this section for testimonials. In fact I would like t to configure it more toward that way of thinking rather than reviews.

Thanks for the updates
            C Ekman
            Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
            http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Customize the "Review this Item" page

This thread is a little dated now, but it is indeed possible to modify the Review this Item page. Just copy the file product_review_new.html from the common folder into your default template folder and make your revisions to the html code there. Do not overwrite the original version in the common folder.

If you want to take a lot at ours, I have changed the name of the Title field to Review Title, and made some other changes as well. I also removed the captcha.

Just go to one of our product details page and click on Review this Item.

Comment

I changed ours to "Subject or Headline". Took me quite a while to figure out why everyone was adding "Operations Supervisor", "Mr." "Mrs", "Retired" "Owner" and my favorite: "pianist". This should be changed in the default for sure. LOL

Comment

Working...
                X