Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I set inventory stock by product option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I set inventory stock by product option?

Can I set the "In Stock" amount by option?

For example - I have handmade earrings that use a specialty bead. The earrings are exactly the same except for one pair I use red and the other I use green.

I created one product for two pairs and created an option for color choice. However - I want to specify how many of each color choice I have available.

Can I do this? If so how.

TIA
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

For the product, click the "Option" tab, then click "Advanced Options". For each product you will need to give it it's own SKU, and then you can enter the quantity of each color. I do that for almost all of my products. :)

Comment

Thanks rrw - that makes sense.

However, it 'combines' options that I don't want combined.

My two options are

1.) what color
      2.) Do you want a box

See this link

In the advanced options I have to state how many green with a box and how many green without a box. I just care if my green earrings are sold. Is there a way to take the 'box' option out of the equation?

TIA
      C Ekman
      Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
      http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

I have always wanted to use this as well. But, it doen't work properly for me. I have an item that is 50 per case or 250 per case. I have different QTYs of the two and they also (obviously) weigh different amounts. However, when I put that is the advanced options and enable each and give it different weights and QTYs it doesn't work. It combines the QTYs and it only uses the first weight entry.
        So, as a result, I have to ship the heavier product with the weight of the lower one and also, I have to limit the quantity to the lesser. If that makes sense.
        Has anybody got this working? :confused:

Comment

Working...
        X