View Price

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View Price

is there any way for a user to view the price of an item with out having to add that item to the shopping cart.

so let lets say the price is starting at $25.00ea.

but they want to order maybe 5, and because there is quantity discount applied making each item less then $25, can they view the cost of any one item with out adding it to the cart? just select how many they want to buy/the quantity, and boom they see the price they are going to pay with out adding to the the cart.

any help would be greatly appreciated

-andy

That's one of my big pet peeves also. Wish we had the capability of changing the text on the button that says "add to card" to something like, "click for further pricing", or something like that. I know we can change it in the template, but since I usually end up causing more trouble for myself, I avoid messing with them :)

Comment

If your volume pricing is fairly simple you could create a small table that shows the price at different purchase levels. If you are really set on this and you think it would increase sales you could either create or have created for you a simple java script that would allow someone to enter the number and have a field with the new amount automatically calculated.

Comment

trll me more about this javascript. i'm really interested. We have been in business for bit, and already know my clientele will be turned off to having to add to cart to view price. they want it in front of them right in their face.

can you fill me in on this javascript? how does it wirk, who can i hire?

-a

Comment

I have an invitation & announcement store and with many of the products on my store, there are two versions. A blank version and a printed version. For the printed version, I needed the pricing to be based on quantity, with it getting less when they buy more.

I needed to find a way to explain to the customer that the price fluctuates based on quantity, and what I decided was to show the lowest price possible. Under the "Advanced" tab, I chose to use the the special text of "As low as $XX.YY each " and when the customer views the product detail, they get the table that shows the pricing structure.

Feel free to check out this product on my store as an example. http://www.invitingwaysonline.com/Ba...D_p_22-71.html

I'm not exactly sure this is what you're needing, but I thought it could possibly help. I'm super tired right now so my understanding of your problem and my explanation of what I've done may not be all that great, but it's the best I got today.

Comment

I asked and in ver3 they will have the price adjust on the fly with options changes but not yet with qty changes.
            steve

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Win View Post
              I asked and in ver3 they will have the price adjust on the fly with options changes but not yet with qty changes.
              steve
              Interesting since this is already a part of the current version if I am understanding you correctly. If a visitor clicks on chocolate instead of vanilla the price on the page changes to the appropriate amount immediately (no refresh or need to reload the page) so I am not sure what they are adding in V3.

Comment

I'm confused - but that's par for the day.

Isn't this feature automatic in the "DISCOUNT" tab?

For example on my teacher's bracelets at this link:

http://www.cobwebcorner.com/Teachers...t_p_17-18.html

I offer a discount for multiple bracelets. I just set this up as discount level pricing and the table with the price breaks and the words "Quantity Pricing" are automatically created for me.

However this is just for a single product - so if you are wanting your discount to go across products then this wouldn't work.

I also use the ADVANCED tab to state that the qty goes across options - that is - they can purchase different sizes, charms etc and the price will still be applied.

I'm sure I'm missing something - but thought I would mention this anyway.

Thanks!
                C Ekman
                Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
                http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Originally posted by cekman View Post
                  I'm confused - but that's par for the day.

Isn't this feature automatic in the "DISCOUNT" tab?

For example on my teacher's bracelets at this link:

http://www.cobwebcorner.com/Teachers...t_p_17-18.html

I offer a discount for multiple bracelets. I just set this up as discount level pricing and the table with the price breaks and the words "Quantity Pricing" are automatically created for me.

However this is just for a single product - so if you are wanting your discount to go across products then this wouldn't work.

I also use the ADVANCED tab to state that the qty goes across options - that is - they can purchase different sizes, charms etc and the price will still be applied.

I'm sure I'm missing something - but thought I would mention this anyway.

Thanks!
                  I believe that what Andy is looking for is a way to show the cost of the total of the items based on the volume discount. Particularly this would ideally show up dynamically so once someone enters a new number of items and the remove focus from the field, the price would change. This way they don't have to calculate it themselves or add it to the cart just to see what the total would be.

Comment

yes that's exactly what i am looking for.. can any help me?

Comment

You would likely have to pay 3DC for some custom programming to get this to do what you are looking for. You can open a ticket and ask for quote to see what it would cost.

Comment

The way my old site behaves is that the quantity discounts update automatically when an option is selected that changes the final price.
                        This eliminates a lot of confusion.
                        say the base price of your product is $100
                        & 2-5 pieces are say $80
                        and the customer selects an option that is $10 What 3dc needs is for the quantity price to update as the $10 option is selected. In this case the qty price box should update from $80 to $90 *AND* at the same time, the base prices rises from $100 to $110 as the extra option is selected. This prevents the customer from thinking (if even for a moment) that the price is $80each if they get two with the $10 option.

Clientside Javascript(in the webpage) is used to solve this issue.
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X