404 - Page Not Found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 404 - Page Not Found

Is it possible to have 404 errors automatically redirect to the homepage? If so, how do I do this?

If I have a product that is no longer available, and I delete the product, I obviously get 404 - page not found, particularly in search results. I would like it to automatically redirect the page to the homepage. I am not sure if this is possible, or if I am totally missing something obvious. The only thing I can think of is a 301 redirect, but this could be cumbersome. Would rather have it be automatic if possible.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks.

Comment

Not sure but I thought that there was a setting in the admin to make it so all 404's went to the home page or you could set it to another page. Have you done a search in the support documentation for 404?

Comment

not sure if it's useful or not, but, I stumbled on this:
        http://www.practicalecommerce.com/bl...e-s-404-Widget

Comment

I have searched through all support documentation and have found nothing that even touches on 404 errors. As far as I see, there is no setting in the admin for 404 errors.

There is a error message section in the admin, where you can change what error messages say. However, there isn't one for 404 - page not found errors. It appears you can create new messages, although I don't see how the system would know when to actually display the message.

Comment

Working...
          X