Another shipping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another shipping question

I carry several products that are very light in weight. What I would like to do is to enter the shipping box weight as something like 1 lb., and then each subsequent item .25 lbs. Currently, each product must have the shipping box weight added to it, so if they order 5 items the automatic shipping charge would be over 5 lbs, when in fact the entire order would weigh much less. Is there any way that I can do this?

I need this exact same thing - for each order to have a starting weight - then the actual weight of the prouducts purchased added to it! Hope someone has a solution.
    C Ekman
    Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
    http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

are fraction pounds and/or decimals allowed in the weight field?

Comment

Originally posted by Mark View Post
        are fraction pounds and/or decimals allowed in the weight field?
        Yes they are

Comment

Mark,
          One ounce is .0625 (1 pound divided by 16) - so 1/2 ounce is .03.

rrw - one way to solve your problem might to use the markup field in the shipping method. It isn't perfect because they only allow an amount or a percentage and not a weight.

But - let's say your box weighs 1 pound. Determine the cost to ship 1 lb. Say it's $4.00. Then - in the markup field for the shipping method put $4.00. Your shipping would always start at $4.00 and then would add actual shipping costs on from there.

Hope that makes sense.

It doesn't work well for me - as I sometimes ship in envelopes and sometimes boxes - but it may work for you.

Good luck!
          C Ekman
          Owner/Designer: Cobweb Corner
          http://www.cobwebcorner.com

Comment

Working...
          X