DropImage Option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DropImage Option

I am trying to utilize the "dropimage option" feature. When you use just the "dropdown" feature, it selects the name of the option (ie. color) as the default option, unless otherwise specified. However, with the "dropimage" option, it automatically selects the first option as the default (ie. blue).

I don't want this. The only way I can figure out not to have it do this is to create another option that reads "color" or "select", and then select it as the default option. However, when I do this, it then shows a broken image, since there isn't an image for this dropimage option.

I have seen other people who have it read "select" and don't have the broken image, or the first selection as the defaut. But I can't figure out how.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I haven't ran into the exact same situation. But a workaround that I've used is to create an image in place of where a broken image would be. So you could have as an option: "Color" in the dropdown box, but for the image you could create/show an image that says something like, "Color Choices".

It may seem redundant, but in our case creating a placeholder image that is somewhat descriptive has worked well. Our problem was that for some products we may only list 10 of the available 50+ typestyles, but the main product image shows a typestyle that we don't have listed in the dropdown box. In this case, I've created a placeholder image that says, "Same as sample" and in the dropdown box listed something like, "Use same typestyle as sample above".

Just an idea...

Comment

Originally posted by ScribeTime View Post
      I haven't ran into the exact same situation. But a workaround that I've used is to create an image in place of where a broken image would be. So you could have as an option: "Color" in the dropdown box, but for the image you could create/show an image that says something like, "Color Choices".
      I thought about doing this, but the problem with this is that if the color dropdown is required, and you just create an option "Color", the customer can skip it since an option is already selected (that being "color"). It pretty much makes the required feature obsolete.

Hmmm...I can't imagine this is the only way. It seems like a lot of people use this feature, and I have never heard it brought up before.

Comment

Working...
      X